Stacking the Shelves is co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. I bought a lot of books in the month of August, I decided to treat myself after finishing my Master thesis and celebrating my birthday. This is part one.
I went to Brussels to visit the Magritte museum and Waterstones. On my way to the bookstore, I passed Sterling, another English bookshop and I simply couldn't resist!
Books I got in Waterstones:
1. Sleeping Giants (Themis Files #1) by Sylvain Neuvel
I have already read this book but I felt a bit disappointed because of the hype. Has anyone read the sequel? Should I continue the series?
2. Leviathan Wakes (The Expanse #1) by James S.A. Corey
The cashier in Waterstones actually started chatting with me about this book and now I'm doubly excited to read it!
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
I actually got this book twice this month. I bought the paperback in Waterstones and then my bookbestie got me the hardcover! Can't wait to read this one!
4. Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
I've heard such good things about this one!
The following books I got from the Sterling bookshop in Brussels:
5. Villette by Charlotte Brontë
I'm slowly collecting classics in the Penguin English Library editions, I'll have to be quick about it, because a lot of these are already out of print :(
6. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
I actually was unable to find Cranford in this edition online for months and when I saw it in the bookstore, I just couldn't leave without it!
7. Kim by Rudyard Kipling
The next two Penguin Modern Classics were 10% off and if you bought two, you got a literary poster, so I got one of Jack Kerouac.
8. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
9. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
I haven't read anything by these two authors before, but I'm excited to get to them.
Okay, these are the books I got from my parents for my birthday:
10. The Yellow Wallpaper and Other Stories by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
11. Robinson Crusoe (Robinson Crusoe #1) by Daniel Defoe
12. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
13. Big Mushy Happy Lump (Sarah's Scribbles #2) by Sarah Andersen
I already read this one and loved it! I can relate to these cartoons so much! Highly recommend!
14. The Bird's Nest by Shirley Jackson
I also got a couple of board games last month, if anyone's interested in that, I'm willing to write about them as well.
Part two of my August book haul will be posted next Saturday!
Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!
Which book should I read next?
If you liked this post, you can follow my blog via e-mail or 'Bloglovin!