Wednesday 15 August 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Lethal White (Cormoran Strike #4) by Robert Galbraith

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.


“I seen a kid killed…He strangled it, up by the horse.”

When Billy, a troubled young man, comes to private eye Cormoran Strike’s office to ask for his help investigating a crime he thinks he witnessed as a child, Strike is left deeply unsettled. While Billy is obviously mentally distressed, and cannot remember many concrete details, there is something sincere about him and his story. But before Strike can question him further, Billy bolts from his office in a panic.

Trying to get to the bottom of Billy’s story, Strike and Robin Ellacott—once his assistant, now a partner in the agency—set off on a twisting trail that leads them through the backstreets of London, into a secretive inner sanctum within Parliament, and to a beautiful but sinister manor house deep in the countryside.

And during this labyrinthine investigation, Strike’s own life is far from straightforward: his newfound fame as a private eye means he can no longer operate behind the scenes as he once did. Plus, his relationship with his former assistant is more fraught than it ever has been—Robin is now invaluable to Strike in the business, but their personal relationship is much, much trickier than that. 


-- Goodreads.com description --


I read all three Robert Galbraith books this year and since the next one is coming out in September, I want to continue the series.


Have you read this book or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


Which books are you excited to read?



If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I am 100% ready for Cormoran and Robin's relationship to get more complicated, and I'm not even sorry! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm also looking forward to that!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nice suspenseful read! I haven't read any of these but I like the sound of the private eye angle, and the manor house setting- I always like those. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the third book the most, I didn't really care about the first two though. The characters are the best part of the series.

      Delete
  3. Eeeeeek! :D I actually didn't know this is coming out in September already so I'm way too excited right now about it. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only recently found out myself! I hope we'll both enjoy it!

      Delete
  4. I have to agree it's a good one to want to read!! Great author. I have my eye on it too - Here's my Wednesday post link - happy Hump Day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one. It sounds like a good thriller. I will have to check into the series.

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the first book in the series but it wasn't really for me.I haven't really connected with any of her adult releases which is a shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't connect with the first book either, the second one was slightly better but the third one was good. The characters are my favourite thing about this series which is the reason I keep reading.

      Delete
  7. This sounds great and it's one of those series I keep saying I want to start but never quite seem to get around to. Hopefully soon but in the meantime, I hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea Galbraith had a new book coming out. I really need to start this series, it sounds fantastic:-)

    ReplyDelete