Saturday 3 December 2016

November Wrap Up

Although I posted a Tome Topple TBR I ultimately decided not to participate due to a lot of university deadlines. I did not want to stress myself out even more. However, I do promise to read some of the books mentioned in that TBR in December. These are the six books I did read in November.


1. A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess



This book reminded me of so many other books, it did not feel original in the least. Review to come! 2,5 stars.

2. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco



Sadly, I didn't enjoy this one all that much, it started out so great but later on it got boring. 2 stars. Review to come.

3. Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain



Absolutely LOVED this book! If you are looking for a great feminist classic, you should definitely check this one out! I was actually reading this on the 11th of November, which is of course Armistice, it was quite an experience as I never before felt the importance of that day as much. 5 stars!

Did not like the movie at all, though!

4. Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar



This book is described as a must read feminist love story. That was all I needed to know in order to buy it. However, after reading Testament of Youth, the feminist part of the book felt lacking and I do not enjoy angsty romance. 3 stars, but I'm considering giving it 2,5 stars.

5. The Road by Cormac McCarthy



I read this book in between other things, which was a mistake. Required university reading kept getting in the way. I do feel like my fragmentation of this book is one of the reasons I didn't enjoy it as much. I may need to reread this one in the future, in order to really decide what I think of it. 3 stars.

6. Across the Black Waters by Mulk Raj Anand



This novel is about Indian soldiers in the First World War and I absolutely enjoyed it! 5 stars!

Which books did you read recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment