Wednesday 1 March 2017

February Wrap Up

These are the books I read in February! 

1. One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3) by Ilona Andrews



This series is just so much fun! Ilona Andrews publishes it in chapters on their website, but I always wait to read it when it is finished. You do notice it's been written in parts but I've gotten over that. I would really recommend this series! I've previously reviewed the first book, if you want to know a bit more.

I gave One Fell Sweep 4 stars!

2. Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie M. Liu



Really enjoyed the first volume of Monstress! You can find my review here. I gave Monstress 4 stars!

3. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 



This book got me out of my reading slump! I liked this one so much! I've started watching the TV show, and so far it is following the book pretty closely. However, I do recommend you read the book first! 5 stars! You can find my review here.

4. Caraval (Caraval, #1) by Stephanie Garber 



I got this book in my second FairyLoot box, which was simply the best box ever! Even though my candle got damaged in the mail.
I really enjoyed the beginning of this book but around halfway through it started to go downhill for me. If anyone is interested, I might review this book more thoroughly, so leave a comment down below! 3 stars! Kind of disappointed.

5. The Forbidden Wish (The Forbidden Wish, #1) by Jessica Khoury



I absolutely adore the main character Zahra! She's amazing! I loved the fact that she's a jinni, which is so refreshing! I'm now searching for more books with a jinni, so if you have any recommendations, please leave a comment down below! However, I wasn't that impressed with Alladin, and the romance, I could have easily done without it. But yes, Zahra made this book awesome and I gave it 3,5 stars! If you are interested in a YA novel about a jinni, please pick this one up!

6. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson



This was my very first Shirley Jackson novel and I'm sooo glad I finally picked it up! I wouldn't necessarily call this a horror story, but it definitely was atmospheric and it seriously made me angry as hell with some of the characters. I highly recommend this one, if you want to read a short, eerie novel! 4 stars!



I also started two more books this month (and I'm hoping to finish them soon!): 

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi



Loving this book! I can already tell, I will force a lot of people to read this one!

The Beauty of Darkness (The Remnant Chronicles, #3) by Mary E. Pearson



I was reading this book, which my bookbestie graciously lend out to me, when I got in a big reading slump. I basically didn't do anything but watch Netflix. However, I'm finishing this book in March! I'm currently at page 320, so it's going to happen!


Which books did you read last month? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment