Friday 1 November 2019

October Wrap Up



These are the books I read in October, I'm quite happy with what I read this month. It has been a good reading month after all!


1. Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3) by Jay Kristoff



I liked Darkdawn but I somehow also feel disappointed in the final instalment of this series. I expected more and I had some problems with the plot. 4 stars. Have you read it?

2. Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1) by Evie Dunmore



I enjoyed this but didn't like some of the choices made by the main characters. 4 stars.

3. The Merciful Crow (The Merciful Crow, #1) by Margaret Owen



I'm starting to read less ya, but you can't really tell based on this month's wrap up. That said, I quite enjoyed the new setting of this book, but I didn't like the romance all that much and most characters annoyed me. 3 stars.

4. Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2) by Victoria Schwab



Really enjoyed this one! Can't wait to read what will happen next! 4,5 stars!

5. Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #1) by Hiromu Arakawa



I borrowed the boxset from the brother of one my best friends, I don't have a lot of time to read these but I'm glad I started. Not sure about this series yet though. 3 stars. Does it get better?

6. The Diviners (The Diviners, #1) by Libba Bray 



LOVED this! Definitely my favourite book this month! I ordered the sequels but they still have to be shipped, otherwise I probably would have devoured those as well! Highly recommend this series! I didn't expect a ya series to be this creepy. 5 stars!

7. Wicked Fox (Gumiho, #1) by Kat Cho



I heard some mixed reviews about this one, it won my Twitter poll, so I decided to pick it up. When I started it, I was still suffering from a bookhangover from reading The Diviners, so to me Wicked Fox had a very slow start. It was difficult to get into to it. However, once I got to the second part of the book, I couldn't put it down! 

As you may know, I love watching Kdrama and this book reminded me of one all the time. I loved the Korean and magical elements. 4 stars.

8. Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell



I liked it, but there wasn't all that much to it. Kind of wish I didn't buy it. 3 stars.
It also made me want to visit a pumpkin patch, those sound look like a lot of fun. Sadly, I don't have any in my region.


What did you read in October?

Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Cool photos! I’m glad you liked Tunnel of Bones. I enjoyed the first in that series, so I need to read it for sure. Happy November!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy Tunnel of Bones as well!

      Delete
  2. Wicked Fox does sound pretty awesome. I kinda want to try it.

    ReplyDelete