Sunday 7 June 2020

Sunday Post #111


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

I've starting using Instagram to share my favourite books by black authors and the books by black authors that are on my to read list. The recent events make me furious and sad at the same time. It needs to stop. Black lives matter!
I will share my recommendations on my blog as well.

In other news, some days my grandmother appears to be a little bit better but the days after that, it's the other way around. I think it would help if we were able to visit her, a lot of this is due to stress, I believe. However, that's still not possible. She has a doctor's appointment in two weeks (which is rather late) and if she goes she will have to be in quarantine for two weeks afterwards. So, this will make it hard on her as she thrives on being with family and doesn't really have any other hobbies (except for colouring). In addition, one and a half years ago the doctors told her she had about two years to live, so every month that goes by and we're unable to see her, feels awful.

Blog and books


I'm currently reading the Fullmetal Alchemist manga series. I'm at volume 8.
I borrowed the boxset from my friend's brother in August, so it's about time I read the series. I'm hoping to finish it in July but this might be wishful thinking.

Movies and TV Shows



I finished Kill Me Heal Me this week and it was really good. A Korean drama about a female psychiatrist and a man who has multiple personalities. Currently I'm watching Put Your Head on My Shoulder, a feel-good Chinese drama on Netflix.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad people are doing lists. I don't always know if an author is black or white unless I look them up on Goodreads or Amazon. I focus on the books more.

    I hope your Grandma is ok. My Mom is in a nursing home far away and seems to be ok for now. But it's hard. Stay safe and be well.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll get to visit your mohter soon!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you are able to share books on Instagram. It is always helpful for me to see recommended books.

    I spent an hour on the phone today with a cousin caring for his wife who has Alzheimer's at home. She had a seizure recently and it was difficult getting her into the hospital. These are crazy times. Sending prayers and good thoughts for your grandma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are crazy times indeed. Sending good thoughts for your cousin's wife as well!

      Delete
  3. I too am making a list of books related to Black Lives Matter. If you want to see it. Follow my link, click on HOME, scroll down one post. Make suggestions if you have any good ones. Thanks. It's been a hard week but there is a lot of cause for hope for the future. Stay well. Stay safe. Please visit my Sunday Salon post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a lot of good recommendations! I'm going to check the ones I haven't read out soon! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. That situation with your grandmother sounds terrible and it must be so hard for her (and you). I hope you are able to be with her soon, and sending prayers and best wishes for her as well.

    Be well this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're unable to visit my mother in the care facility. We do manage to set up some multiple way calls so we can all talk to her. Not the same though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully your grandma feels better soon. It’s really hard to be apart from elderly relatives right now. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you for using your voice. Hope you're able to reconnect with your grandma soon and she feels better!

    ReplyDelete