Wednesday 12 November 2014

Top 5 Comedy TV Shows

By this I mean the more recent TV shows no longer than 30 minutes (this excludes Friends because it's already been a while since season 10). How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory should be on here but as they are already way too famous I do not feel the need to elaborate further on them. They speak for themselves. I wanted to focus on some less well known TV shows. This is a top 5 not because I don't watch other comedy shows but because later on I can have another top 5 (part 2 if you please). Furthermore, these are in no particular order, so here we go!

The Mindy Project

Season one started out a bit slow and painfully embarrassing sometimes but everything came together nicely in season 2. I love that the show is about an independent young woman, who loves romantic comedies as much as I do. It is a nice concept of making a TV show with these romcom elements interlaced in it. When the new doctor Peter was introduced in the second season, I was doubtful at first. Now Peter is quickly becoming one of my favourite characters together with Mindy and Danny, of course. And now as season 3 has started with a bang, I can’t wait till the next episodes! I recommend this show because it is extremely romantic and funny. Very enjoyable!

 2 Broke Girls

I love Max’s lines, they crack you up every time. I often wish I could have an answer ready as fast as Max but I could never be so rude! Caroline is the exact opposite of Max but as the series progresses you can see how they both change. This is one funny show that is hard to miss! Link to trailer here.


Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is a good and terribly funny show. Jake and Boyle never disappoint me. However I have trouble with the love story between Peralta and Santiago. That just does not work. There is zero chemistry between them and it just makes the show weird and sometimes painful to watch (as in bad). I was actually hoping that the second season would start and it turned out that his confession was just another prank. Sadly that was not the case. I usually like couples in TV shows but this just doesn't work. This is the only reason I can find to not like the show so I am still going to recommend it! 



Community

I am so glad this show was picked up again even though the last season was terrible. I love Abed and Troy! You won’t be able to get “Troy and Abed in the Morning” out of your head!
I also like that they study Spanish, as I have trouble with the language as well, I can enjoy their problems even more.

Miranda


This is a British comedy and it is absolutely amazing! If you haven’t seen it yet, you have to start watching this immediately (right after reading this blog)! The cast of this show is amazing, I absolutely love Miranda, Stevie, Gary and even on occasion Miranda’s mom Penny. The situations Miranda ends up in are ridiculous and incredibly funny. I can’t really describe this show and do it justice so therefore I’m just going to let you see it for yourself! Link to clip here.



Miranda Hart recently said that the Christmas specials of this show would also be the very last episodes which saddens me greatly. However, it is probably better to quit a show when it is still good, rather than letting it drag on untill it gets cancelled. And if you couldn't get enough of the first clip of Miranda, here is the link to some of the best moments of season 1, enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment