Friday 27 March 2015

Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead

Being a succubus sounds pretty glamorous. Shape-shifting, killer wardrobe, what's not to like? But Georgina Kincaid's life is far from exotic. Her boss is a middle-management demon with a thing for John Cusack movies, and she can't have a decent date without sucking away part of the guy's life, which means her crush on sexy writer Seth Mortensen is going nowhere fast. But all of that pales in significance when an unknown entity "helpfully" begins killing her immortal adversaries. For once, all her hot charms and drop-dead one-liners won't help, because there are some creatures out there that both heaven and hell want to deny...


-- Goodreads.com description --


I was pleasantly surprised by Succubus Blues. I decided to read this book because it had a lot of good reviews. Previously, I've read a few of Richelle Mead's young adult series, they were enjoyable but at times I had some problems with them. This is one of her adult books and I liked it a lot. At first I didn't think a succubus story would interest me, I got over it and stared reading this book. And I was hooked! There are some amazing characters in this book, but frankly, likable or enjoyable characters always has been one of Mead's biggest strengths. This book was no exception. Succubus Blues is the first book in a six book series, called Georgina Kincaid. Normally, I have a few problems with the first books in Richelle Mead series but this one blew me away. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than her young adult series. Once again, there is a lot of action in her book. The mystery was awesome as well, although I kind of figured it out quite quickly but I seemed to be quite good at figuring out those kind of mysteries. I love the way the book ended, I like the where the story is going. I also like the new world Richelle Mead has created, it is quite different from the Vampire Academy world.

I highly recommend this book to adults and I gave it 4 out of 5 stars! Can't wait to read the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment