Tuesday 27 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books I've Read So Far in 2017

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is top ten books I've read this year.

1. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood


I absolutely loved this book! I'm currently watching the TV show and it's amazing as well! I definitely recommend both! 

I'm looking forward to read more Atwood in the near future! Recommendations are always welcome!

You can find my review here.

2. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi


This book was amazing! I forced my mom to buy it in Dutch and she really enjoyed it as well and passed it on to my grandmother and she's enjoying it so much she wants me to make a list of books she should read which made my little reader heart so happy!

3. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty 


This was definitely a pleasant surprise since this is a genre I almost never pick up. I've seen two episodes of the TV show and I really liked them as well. I got my mom the Dutch translation for Christmas again she passed it around in our family and this month my aunt told us she liked it so much, she immediately bought all Liane Moriarty's other books. I'm kind of impressed my book recommendations to my mom are appreciated by the rest of my family as well! Because this actually has never happened before.

You can find my review here.

4. Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor


This book is a gem! If you're only planning to read one young adult novel this year, let it be this one! You won't regret it! I didn't know anything about this book when I started reading it and I feel that's the best way to go! The only thing I'll say is that Strange is such a precious bookworm! I loved him from the start.

5. The Arrival by Shaun Tan


This is a beautiful graphic novel without any words. It's stunning!

6. Geekerella by Ashley Poston 


This one stole my heart because it portrays conventions so truthfully! I only started going to conventions last October but it certainly won't be my last! And also, FIREFLY references!

You can find my review here.

7. Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison


This comic is about three girls going to university and it's a really fun read!

8. Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab


I read the entire trilogy this year and I can't get enough of this world and these characters! If you are looking for a good fantasy trilogy, you should definitely check this one out!

9. Alex, Approximately by Jenn Bennett


This one is a modern young adult retelling of The Shop Around the Corner or You've Got Mail. It's a really cute romance and there are a lot of references to old Hollywood movies, which I completely adored! Great summer read!

You can find my review here.

10. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery


I read this for the very first time! I did watch the Megan Follows often but I never got around to reading the book. I'm so glad I finally read it because this was the perfect comfort read!



Which books did you like to most in 2017? Have you read any of the ones mentioned above? Or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you want to read more of these post, don't forget to subscribe via e-mail or Bloglovin'!

24 comments:

  1. Great list! The Handmaid's Tale, Homegoing and Anne of Green Gables are all on my TBR, and I've heard wonderful things about The Arrival, too. =) I definitely recommend reading The Penelopiad if you're interested in reading some more of Margaret Atwood's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll definitely check out The Penelopiad! Atwood has written so many books, I find it hard to choose what to read next!

      Delete
  2. It's my dad that likes me to pass my books over to him when I've finished reading them. We have very similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds awesome! My dad only reads a handful of books every year and he always picks out books he knows no one else in our family has read before. My mom mostly reads crime novels and I thought that of my aunt and grandmother as well, but they really surprised of late! It's the first time I can discuss books with my family and it feels wonderful!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely loved The Handmaid's Tale novel and enjoyed the adaption too. I think I'd like to try some of her other books but I'll need to decide which.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it too! I've only read one other Atwood book, The Blind Assassin, and I really enjoyed it too!

      Delete
  4. AHH SO HAPPY YOU LOVED THE SHADES OF MAGIC BOOKS!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-113/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Big Little Lies!! I still need to read Homegoing, Geekerella and Alex, Approximately. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy them all!

      Delete
  6. I am looking forward to reading Anne of Green Gables with my daughter. At least I hope she'll be interested in reading it with me when she's older. :-) I am so glad to see The Handmaid's Tale on your list too! I haven't yet seen the television show, but perhaps someday. I have heard such good things about The Arrival. And Homegoing is one I hope to get to soon. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, that sounds lovely! I hope she will enjoy it too! I'm currently watching the Netflix TV show with my mom, enjoying the experience but there are better Anne adaptations out there, though.

      Delete
  7. I adored the Shades of Magic trilogy! It is definitely one of my favourite series right now. I have been meaning to read A Handmaid's Tale and Geekerella. Awesome list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy them too!

      Delete
  8. Ahhh I ADORED the Shades of Magic series too!! I read the finale this year and *shrieks with love for it* Perfect book is absolutely perfect. <3 I also sooo loved Strange the Dreamer. Just the gorgeousness of the words and the world building?! I can't stop thinking about it. All the heart eyes. 😍😍 I also really liked Geekerella! It's not usually my kind of read. xD But it was heartwarming and lovely and so so nerdy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! Geekerella and Alex, Approximately are exceptions but I normally don't read young adult contemporary either. I would recommend both of them, though!

      Delete
  9. Great list! I really want to read Geekerella!!!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good List! I haven`t read any of these, but I did hear fantastic things about them. Almost all of them are on my TBR and hopefully, I`ll get to read them this year. I think I saw Strange The Dreamer on sale and I was tempted to buy because I loved the cover. Seeing it on your list, I have another excuse:)

    http://www.carmensreadingcorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely pick up Strange the Dreamer, it's fantastic!

      Delete
  11. Everyone is making me want to read Strange the Dreamer!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adored Strange the Dreamer so much, so happy to see you loved it too!
    Megan @ http://www.wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks. I must read Geekerella as I'm curious at about the Firefly references - loved that tv series/movie.

    ReplyDelete