Saturday 17 June 2017

Stacking the Shelves: May Book Haul Part 2

Stacking the Shelves is co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. Last week I posted the first part of my May book haul which you can find here. This is the second part of my May book haul because I got way too many books last month... I just couldn't resist, you know how that is, right?

1. Flame in the Mist (Flame in the Mist #1) by Renee Ahdieh


I got this one in my Fairyloot box and it is one of my most anticipated books of the year! I hope to get to it soon!

2. A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3) by Sarah J. Maas


This was my most anticipated book and sadly I felt really disappointed. You can find my review here.

The next four books I got from the bookdepository for 20 euros, which I think is a pretty great bargain!

3. Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats #1) by Sebastien de Castell 


I've had this book on my radar for a while and when I saw it on the bookdepository for less than six euros, I couldn't resist buying it.

4. The Veil (Devil's Isle #1) by Chloe Neill


5. The Enchanted by Rene Denfeld


I've heard good things about this one! Can't wait to read it!

6. Pomfret Towers (Barsetshire #6) by Angela Thirkell


I've been wanting to read an Angela Thirkell book for a while now. This is the sixth book in a series though. Can anyone tell me if I need to read the others first?


I also got five e-books last month! I've been craving some romance novels lately, you can definitely leave some recommendations below!

7. Don't Stop Me Now by Colleen Coleman


I actually got approved to read this on Netgalley but back then I didn't realize I had to download it before it disappeared. And it did disappear, so when I saw the e-book for less than 3 euros, I got it without thinking twice! I'll be reviewing this one soon!

8. Bully (Fall Away #1) by Penelope Douglas

I got these Penelope Douglas books because I watched PeaceLoveBooksxo on Youtube recommending them often. And they were cheap.

9. Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas 

10. Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After #1) by Tessa Dare

I actually really enjoyed this one! I'll be reading more of this author in the future! I decided to try these out after watching April from Aprilius Maximus on Youtube talking about it.

11. If I Only Had a Duke (The Disgraceful Dukes #2) by Lenora Bell 

Once again on the recommendation of Jessica from PeaceLoveBooksxo.


Which books did you get recently? Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you liked this post and which to get updates on when I post new things, follow me on Bloglovin', Blogger or via e-mail!

16 comments:

  1. Wow you got a lot of great books this week! I really want to grab Flame in the Mist!

    Danica @ Shelves of Spines
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's one of my favourites I got this month! Hope to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. I see that we both got Flame in the Mist. Hope you love all of your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I LOVED ACOWAR! One of my most anticipated reads for this year, sorry you didn't love it. Also just finished Flame last week and enjoyed it. I have seen Traitors Blade pop up recently and it looks interesting hope you enjoy all the goodies! My Shelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked ACOWAR! I didn't hate it, but I expected more somehow. I gave it 4 stars in the end. I hope to read Flame in the Mist very soon! Can't wait!

      Delete
  4. I'm hoping to buy Flame in the Mist if they have it at the bookstores here this summer when my book buying ban has ended. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried a book buying ban yet, probably should conisdering the last book hauls I did :p

      Delete
  5. Oooo, I knew I should have bought that FairyLoot box. I loved Flame in the Mist. It's a new favorite for sure. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a fantastic weekend, Lynn. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm now even more excited to read Flame in the Mist!

      Delete
  6. Great haul! I really want to read Flame in the Mist after reading The Wrath and the Dawn duology. I'm sad to hear that you were disappointed with A Court of Wings and Ruin; I've heard that from others as well. I recently finished A Court of Thorns and Roses and I really liked it, so it's upsetting to hear that the last one is underwhelming. I hope you enjoy your other new books though! Have a great weekend :)

    Kristen @ Shining Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should definitely still read the read of the ACOTAR trilogy, I just expected too much of it, I guess. I was also ill while I read, so that also could have lessened my enjoyment of ACOWAR.

      Delete
  7. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Flame in the Mist, I'm so excited for that one!
    Megan @ http://wanderingsofabookbird.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you like Flame in the Mist. I got about 130 pages in and had to DNF. It just couldn't hold my interest and I didn't like the MC. I've seen lots of people liking it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've started to hear some mixed things as well, so you're not alone there.

      Delete