Tuesday 20 June 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Series I've Been Meaning To Start But Haven't

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is top ten series I've been meaning to start reading but haven't so far. I own the first book in all the following series, I just haven't picked them up yet. It was actually quite difficult to just pick ten series because there are so many series I want to start!

1. Greatcoats by Sebastien de Castell


2. Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne by Brian Staveley 


3. Lightbringer by Brent Weeks


4. The Riyria Revelations by Michael J. Sullivan


5. Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson


6. The Others by Anne Bishop


7. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater 


8. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


9. The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon 


10. Study by Maria V. Snyder



I've had Poison Study on my e-reader for two years now, but still haven't read it yet.


Which series do you want to start? Have you read any of the one mentioned above or are you planning to? Which series should I start next? Leave your thoughts down below!

12 comments:

  1. So many series, so little time! I've read Poison Study, as well as the first book in Snyder's other series, Touch of Power, and while I enjoyed them when I read them I didn't enjoy either of them enough to continue with the series - I hope you like it more than I did, though! I've heard great things about The Girl of Fire and Thorns and I have a copy of The Emperor's Blades on my kindle, too - I just need to become a little more confident when I read high fantasy, I think. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really want to try out one of Snyders book, I own the e-book of Touch of Power as well, so I hope I like it. I definitely could do with more confidence to read these huge adult fantasy books, they can be so intimidating!

      Delete
  2. I loved Poison Study, I even read it twice. I lost interest in the series as a whole (there's like, a million spin-offs now?) but I still mean to go back and finish the original trilogy.
    https://foxesfairytale.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/ttt-series-i-want-to-start/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've noticed the spin-offs as well, I think it's one of the reasons I haven't started the series yet.

      Delete
  3. I read Poison Study quite a few years ago and I thought it was a decent read with good characters. I don't remember why I didn't read the rest of the series. My memory is dreadful! I've seen a few of the fantasy books on other blogs though I haven't read any of them. Thanks for visiting my TTT post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this post, I realised that I want to start reading The Raven Cycle as well, but I didn't include it on my list. I hope we both get to it soon!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the Raven Boys on my Kindle for a couple years and then couple weeks ago I decided to listen to the audiobook from the library. Thank goodness I didn't purchase the entire series, it wasn't for me. I probably wouldn't continue with the series.

    I haven't read the Poison Study but it has plenty of good reviews, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I will too! I only got the first book of the Raven Cycle for the same reason.

      Delete
  6. The Raven Cycle is great, I hope you enjoy it! Quite a few of the other series are on my TBR :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

    ReplyDelete