Saturday 24 June 2017

Stacking the Shelves: Netgalley Edition

Stacking the Shelves is co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. I just recently started requesting books on Netgalley and these are all arc's I've been approved to read. With the exception of four books, most of these are pdf's, which I really struggle to read.

1. Nasty Women by 404 Ink



This is a collection of essays about what it means to be a woman in the 21st century, most if not all of these were written after the US elections last year. I really liked this book and I highly recommend it! You can find my review here.

2. Before the Rains by Dinah Jefferies



Sadly I didn't enjoy this book and I decided to not finish it in the end. You can find my review here.

3. Now I Rise (The Conqueror's Saga, #2) by Kiersten White



I enjoyed this more than the first book in the trilogy. You can find my review for the first book, And I Darken, here and my review for the sequel, Now I Rise, here.

4. They Can't Kill Us All: The Story of Black Lives Matter by Wesley Lowery



This is another non-fiction book and I've started this already and I am now 20% into it. Review to come soon!

5. Idaho by Emily Ruskovich



I've also started this book but I did not realize this was set during the winter as the blurb talks about a hot summer day. Since there is currently a heatwave in Belgium, I don't really enjoy reading about snow at this time. 

6. A Poison Dark and Drowning (Kingdom on Fire, #2) by Jessica Cluess



I'm really excited to read this one! You can find my review of the first book, A Shadow Bright and Burning, here.

7. The Broken Ones (The Malediction Trilogy, #0.6) by Danielle L. Jensen



Can't wait to read this one! I loved Stolen Songbird but I haven't read the rest of the trilogy yet, and I think I need to finish them first before I read The Broken Ones. Definintely doing it this summer, though!

8. How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry 



9. The Indigo Girl by Natasha Boyd





I also got approved to read Rotherweird and Don't Stop Me Now but they got archived before I had the chance to download them. I have purchased the latter and will review it this summer, though!

Which books did you get recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to?

12 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued by the story of the And I Darken books as I like the concept. I'm not fully sold on it being my kind of thing but I'm thinking about it! Stolen Songbird sound a bit better than the usual YA tropes so hope you enjoy the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Netgalley is addictive. Idaho has a beautiful cover - I would order for that alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle reading in pdfs too. You can request PDF or kindle version. Anyway, I hope you enjoy all these books. Have a wonderful week and happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

      Delete
  4. WOW! That is an awesome book haul! I read Now I Rise recently and thought it was pretty good. I reaaaaaally want to read the next book by Jessica Cluess. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Lynn!

    Have a fabulous week. =)

    Check out my STS post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really excited about A Poison Dark and Drowning as well!

      Delete
  5. I have a copy of How to Find Love in a Bookshop and I really need to read And I Darken because I'm seeing the sequel everywhere. Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you'll enjoy both of them!

      Delete
  6. Omg I definitely need to google How To Find Love in A Book Shop because that sounds amazing! 😂 And eeep I'm so so excited for Now I Rise!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think so too! I hope to read How to Find Love in a Bookshop soon! I hope you'll enjoy Now I Rise!

      Delete