Wednesday 13 May 2015

Chew Volume 2: International Flavour

Tony Chu, the cibopathic federal agent with the ability to get psychic impressions from the things he eats, is on a bizarre new case. A newly discovered fruit takes Agent Chu to a remote island full of secrets, Presenting the second storyline of IGN.com's pick for Best Indie Series of 2009 and MTV Splash Page.com's pick for Best New Series of 2009. Find out what the fuss is about in this latest a twisted and darkly funny comic about cops, crooks, cooks, cannibals and clairvoyants.strangeness-and a shadowy killer with a particularly sinister appetite.


-- Goodreads.com description --


After such an original and entertaining first volume, I expected a lot from this instalment. However, I can't help feeling a tiny bit let down. International Flavour got off on a good start and all in all it's not a bad volume but I had a problem with it. Out of a sudden, there was a vampire in the story. Now, normally I don't have problems with vampires but where did he suddenly come from? It felt very out of place. I do have high hopes that this question will have a satisfying answer in the next volumes, as I'm sure there is a perfectly disgusting answer to it. Furthermore, I would have liked to see more of Mason. It felt a bit off focus from the first volume but I'm sure this will be resolved in later volumes as well. 

Ultimately, I gave this comic 4 out of 5 stars! And I still highly recommend this series to anyone! Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment