Thursday 24 September 2015

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. Movie Review

In the early 1960s, CIA agent Napoleon Solo and KGB operative Illya Kuryakin participate in a joint mission against a mysterious criminal organization, which is working to proliferate nuclear weapons.

Director:

Guy Ritchie

Stars:

Henry Cavill, Armie Hammer, Alicia Vikander 

-- imdb.com description --

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is a spy movie based on a TV show with the same name. I've never seen the show, so I can't judge if it is a decent remake. However, having seen the movie, I might watch the TV show some time. Especially after discovering that David McCallum, known as "Ducky" from NCIS, plays Illya Kuryakin. Ducky is one of my favourite characters, so I am tempted to check the TV show out.

However, this is a movie review. Since seeing the trailer in July, I couldn't wait until the film was released. Ultimately, I watched it this month with one of my best friends. I really enjoyed it! It was funny when it needed to be, there were some amazing action scenes, I especially liked the car chase scenes in the beginning of the movie, which are also shown in the trailers. I found the movie entertaining, and almost all of my expectations were met. If you like the trailer, you will like the movie as well. However, if the trailers bore you, or annoy you, the movie will too. I feel that the trailers are really indicative of this movie. 

If I had to give a rating, I would give The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 7 out of 10 stars. I would love a sequel but I do not think they will actually make one. However, I would love to be proven wrong on this one. This is the trailer which made me want to see the movie. Enjoy!

Have you seen The Man From U.N.C.L.E.? Or would you like to? Leave a comment down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment