Sunday 27 September 2015

Agent Carter

In 1946, Peggy Carter is relegated to secretarial duties in the Strategic Scientific Reserve (SSR). When Howard Stark is accused of treason, he secretly recruits Peggy to clear his name with the help of his butler, Edwin Jarvis.

Creators:

Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely

Stars:

Hayley Atwell, James D'Arcy, Chad Michael Murray 

-- imdb.com description --

The first season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. started poorly but ending was shocking and redeemed the show in my eyes, however I probably won't watch the second season anytime soon. Because I was disappointed in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I did not feel the need to watch Agent Carter, until it was aired last month on Belgian TV. I recorded it and watched the entire first season in one day. I was hooked! Now, the second season of Agent Carter is one of the TV shows I highly anticipate!

Agent Carter has it all: epic action scenes, amazing costumes, scenes that make me snort with laughter and, best of all, a great female lead. I feel that Peggy Carter's fight to gain professional appreciation from her (male) colleagues is something that still resonates today. Gender equality is still not at what is should be.

Furthermore, I absolutely loved the new characters like Jarvis, Thompson, Sousa and Angie. I even liked Dooley. I can't even come up with a negative thing to say about this TV show, except that 8 episodes are not enough for me. I can't wait till the next season starts! If I had to rate this show, I would give it 8,5 out of 10 stars! I highly recommend this show!

What is your opinion on Agent Carter? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment