Tuesday 6 October 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is bookish things you want to quit. I have to be honest, I was struggling with this topic, so I only ended up with eight things.


1. Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver


I rated the first book in the trilogy 3 stars, it was ok, but nothing more. Then I started Pandemonium and was accidentally spoiled and I really did not like the spoiler. So I decided to put it down for a few months. I did end up finishing it, but I don't feel the need to read Requiem, as I already know how it will end (and I'm not happy about it). And frankly, I don't really care about any of the characters.

2. I want to stop spoiling myself by flipping through the book I'm reading and catching spoilers

This is one of my most annoying bookish habits. When something really, really exciting happens in a book and I can't deal with all the emotions, I flip through the next few chapters. I don't necesarily want to know what happens before I get there, but I usually end up spoiling myself.
Need to quit this one! Soon!

I have to add, though, that I don't have this problem when I'm reading e-books, because it's not as easy to flip through. But really, I even annoy myself with this habit. The only thing I can say in my defence is that my mother does this as well, I suspect I picked this habit up from her.

3. I need to be able to quit a series or book if I'm not enjoying it

I usually feel the need to finish the books or series which I started even though I'm not enjoying them. I hope this will change in the future because there are so many more interesting books out there!

4. I wish I would stop putting off reading books I'm required to read for my classes

I usually have the time to read them a few weeks in advance, but I'm usually reading those books the day before class or even later (or not at all).

5. I should not let books interfere with my sleeping

Let's be honest, we all do that sometimes. However, I seem to catch myself doing it all of the time, which makes me tired and means I will have less time to read the next day. This will be one bad habit that will be difficult to break.

6. I should stop buying so many books when I still have so many unread books on my shelf

Let's face it, that one will probably never happen.

7. I should stop reading so many series at a time

Now it's not like I'm reading multiple series at the same day but I buy a lot of series and mostly just the first book. If I want to continue the series, I have to order it online and it can take a few weeks to get to me. In the meantime, I start a new series and I have the same problem over and over again. Of course, by the time the second book in the series arrives in the mail, I am reading a different book or just don't want to read it as much anymore.

8. I'm freakishly protective of my books

I mostly buy paperbacks and I don't want their spines to crack or even bend. They have to remain in perfect condition. This makes it really difficult for me to loan my books to my friends. This will never change, but I would like to be a little less obsessed with this.


Now what bookish things do you want to quit? Let me know down below!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, there is nothing wrong with being protective of your books. And I feel you on required reading books. Many of the books I was forced to read when I was in school I wonder if would've enjoyed if they hadn't been required reading.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that! Most people I know think I'm crazy for being that protective of my books!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate to #2, #3 & #5.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete