Monday 7 August 2017

July Wrap Up

In addition to a reading slump, I did not have a lot of time to read this month because I had to write my master thesis. At this point, I'm almost done with it, thankfully! This is what I read in the month of July!

1. Descender, Vol. 1: Tin Stars by Jeff Lemire


Really enjoyed this science fiction comic! 4,5 stars!

2. Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo


Yes, you are reading this right, I finally read Six of Crows! Inej is my favourite character! I do believe this book was a bit too hyped up for me (or this could just be the reading slump talking) but I still enjoyed it! 4 stars!

Currently reading the sequel!

3. I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young


Reread. Still love this comic! 5 stars! 
Also, I made my friend, brother and his girlfriend read it too, and they all enjoyed it! Even though, the last two normally do not read at all. So I consider this a victory! :)

4. I Hate Fairyland, Vol. 2: Fluff My Life by Skottie Young


Not as great or funny as the first one, but I'm still looking forward to the third volume! 4 stars.

5. When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon


3 stars! Adorable but it did feel like insta love at times. Plus, I'm not really a contemporary young adult reader and this just proves it. I did really enjoy the Indian culture, I have no idea if it is accurate, but I would love to learn more about India.

6. Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days #3) by John Allison


This is such a fun comic series! 5 stars! Highly recommend it!

Which books did you recently read? Have read any of the ones mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you enjoyed this blog post, don't hesitate to subscribe to my blog via Bloglovin or e-mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment