Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers share the books they got. These are the books I got in the first part of December.
1. Manhattan Beach by Jennifer Egan
2. Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
I was approved to read this on Netgalley but since I was new then, I didn't realise I only had a certain amount of time to read it. Soooo, that's why I had to buy it now.
3. The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood
This is the next Atwood book that's been recommended to me. I always love getting new recommendations! Previously, I read The Blind Assassin, The Handmaid's Tale and Alias Grace. I gave them all 5 stars.
4. The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
I had to teach The Wife of Bath's Tale and The Miller's Tale during my teaching practice and I decided I needed an actual copy of the book as well.
5. A Plague of Giants (Seven Kennings #1) by Kevin Hearne
This was in my October Page Habit box and I forgot to mention it in my last two hauls. Oops.
6. The Last Namsara (Iskari #1) by Kristen Ciccarelli
November Fairyloot box.
7. Furyborn (Empirium #1) by Claire Legrand
November Fairyloot box. So excited to read it!
And now the books I got from my wonderful Broke and Bookish Secret Santa!
8. Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
Currently reading it and loving it!
9. Half Bad (The Half Bad Trilogy #1) by Sally Green
I've heard this is about witches and that's all I need to be excited about it!
Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of the ones mentioned above or are you planning to? Which book should I read first? Leave your thoughts down below!
Have a wonderful New Year!