Wednesday 7 March 2018

Can't-Wait Wednesday: LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.

On an island junkyard beneath a sky that glows with radiation, a deadly secret lies buried in the scrap.

Seventeen-year-old Eve isn't looking for trouble--she's too busy looking over her shoulder. The robot gladiator she spent months building has been reduced to a smoking wreck, she's on the local gangster's wanted list, and the only thing keeping her grandpa alive is the money she just lost to the bookies. Worst of all, she's discovered she can somehow destroy machines with the power of her mind, and a bunch of puritanical fanatics are building a coffin her size because of it. 

If she's ever had a worse day, Eve can't remember it. The problem is, Eve has had a worse day--one that lingers in her nightmares and the cybernetic implant where her memories used to be. Her discovery of a handsome android named Ezekiel--called a "Lifelike" because they resemble humans--will bring her world crashing down and make her question whether her entire life is a lie. 


With her best friend Lemon Fresh and her robotic sidekick Cricket in tow, Eve will trek across deserts of glass, battle unkillable bots, and infiltrate towering megacities to save the ones she loves... and learn the truth about the bloody secrets of her past.

-- Goodreads.com description --



I love The Illuminae Files and Nevernight series by Jay Kristoff, so I'm definitely excited to read more of his work! LIFEL1K3 will be released at the end of May, if Goodreads is to be believed. This author is quickly becoming one of my favourites and I can't wait to read his newest science fiction story!


Have you read this book or are you planning to? Which books are you highly anticipating? Leave your thoughts down below!

22 comments:

  1. Great pick. This sounds like a fantastic read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks really good, I've been a little on the fence with Jay Kristoff but I like how original and quirky this one sounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can definitely see why you might not enjoy his work as much, it took me some time to get into Nevernight in the beginning

      Delete
  3. I'm super excited about any book that has Jay Kristoff's name on it. He's probably going to destroy his readers again but we just keep coming back for me, don't we? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do! He's one of my favourite authors at the moment!

      Delete
  4. I am super excited to read this, especially since Kristoff is one of my favorite authors, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It wouldn't be on my list but I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man everyone in this universe and the next has read Jay Kristof! and here I'm still living under my rock! I hope you enjoye this one as much as the Illuminae and Nevernight series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I've just gotten into the Illuminae and Nevernight series, so I'm excited to hear Kristoff has another book coming out! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those are two amazing series!

      Delete
  8. I am hoping to get my hands on this one soon. It looks really good

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I became a clickamaniac when I saw thsi ARC in NetGalley! Crossing my fingers!

    ReplyDelete