Sunday 23 September 2018

Sunday Post #31


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life

A lot has happened this week. I started a very temporary teaching job that ends next Friday. I absolutely love that school! Every single person is so friendly, encouraging and helpful and the students are great as well. It shows a different story than my previous school and while it still hurts I wasn't allowed to stay there, it makes me hopeful to find a better school in the future. Last week I was also contacted by another school, I had an interview on Tuesday and in the evening I received a call that I had the job. Again, it will take me about an hour to get there but it will be until the end of the schoolyear. It's part of a new government program which supports new teachers. I will be a substitute teacher in four schools when the regular teachers are out and I will have to do other jobs when there are no openings, but I will get paid fulltime for the rest of the year. It's good news but I'm unsure where I will end up, because I only received limited information, which stresses me out again. It is pretty cool that they contacted me themselves and I didn't apply for that job.

Blog and books

This was an extremely busy week and next week will be worse. I hope to post a Can't Wait Wednesday post and Sunday Post next week. I'm still behind on replying to comments and I can't promise this will change next week but I'll try.

Currently reading Mirage and I'm enjoying it. I read it on the train and I'm slowly getting that reading spark back, let's hope the end of the reading slump is in sight!


Movies and TV Shows


I haven't watched that much this week. I watched a couple of episodes of It's Okay, That's Love, Cheese in the Trap and Goblin. Not sure about the second one but I'm definitely continuing the others!

I also watched The Mirror Has Two Faces which was okay.



What did you read or watch recently? Do you have any recommendations?

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I got Mirage on Friday and I'm just itching to start it. But I can't because I need to read Tower of Dawn. Soon hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful you have a job waiting that will take you through the school year! Those long commutes are killer. I remember that well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the work stuff! And on the year long position, even if it does mean moving around a bit. That's always tough. Sounds like the temp one you're on til Friday is pretty awesome too- yay!

    I've hardly read or watched anything all week although I did get through a few more episodes of Iron Fist S2. Mostly because the villain Typhoid Mary steals the show lol.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations n that job. I hope you get a better school in the future but I am glad that you are enjoying your time.
    I loved Mirage and happy that you are enjoying it too.

    Have a lovely week and happy reading!
    My wrap-up: https://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/09/weekly-wrap-up-2/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a busy week here. I've already cleaned and cleared the freezer, dhalf of my winter food shopping, made a start on getting the living room free of my dad's endless junk and it's only Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete