Sunday 17 May 2020

Sunday Post #108


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

Having to take the train to work this week for a quick meeting which didn't really have any relevant information to me, was strange. It was strange to wear a mask on the train and to wander around in a usually vibrant city which now had an alienated feel to it.

In other news, I was finally able to meet my grandmother in the garden of her nursing home (she lives in a service flat, though). We were separated by three meters, and were politely asked to leave after twenty minutes to make room for others. While I was happy to see her, I hated having to do it this way. A day later, the nurses called to tell us she wasn't doing well and a doctor had to be called. She's a little bit better today, but I'm still worried. That's not the kind of call you want to receive, especially now when you aren't allowed to visit her.

Blog and books


Yesterday I picked up a book for the first time this month. I've only read about 32 pages, but I hope to read more soon. Heidi, the book I'm reading, is a children's classic I know absolutely nothing about. Have you read it?

Movies and TV Shows



This week I finished When the Camellia Blooms, which was a good Korean drama on Netflix and I really enjoyed it. I have been listening to the soundtrack as well. 
Another show I watched this week was My Secret Romance because my friend recommended it to me. It was nice. I'm not sure what I will watch next. I need some feel-good tv shows. Do you have any recommendations?

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to visit with your grandmother. I'm sure it completely boosted her spirits. I'm sorry they had to call you the next day, and I hope she continues to improve.

    I like the positivity of Heidi. I am inspired by characters like those in Anne of Green Gables and Heidi and The Secret Garden who suffer so much but who are able to keep a feeling of positivity in the midst of so much suffering.

    I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your grandmother is a little better today. I will send you and your family good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got to see your grandmother even for a short while. What a weird world we live in right now. My Sunday Salon and Coronavirus Diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Heidi. Such pretty covers on your children's books. I hope your grandmother improves. I'm worried for my mom in the nursing home too but she sounds like she is fine.

    Have a great week and stay well!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still getting used to masks too- they're definitely an adjustment! And oh no- sorry to hear about your grandmother! Sending lots of well wishes her way!

    I've never read Heidi but love the look of those editions! They're so colorful... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Heidi when I was young, your editions of those classics are gorgeous.
    My best wishes for your grandmother’s health.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother in law is in a large Independent Living facility and they have 40 cases of Covid, so NO ONe is able to come in or out. Thankfully, most of the residents are recovering! I just watched Hollywood which was a cute spoof with a good message! I also watched Lucifer which was a good detective and romance series. ( You have to get through the first 2 episodes) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete