Sunday 12 July 2020

Sunday Post #112


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

I'm back! I have been absent for a couple of weeks because things got really busy and my mother had to have an unexpected operation and that stressed me out too much.
Luckily the operation seemed to have gone well, although we don't know all the results yet.

The good news is, I'm now on my Summer break! 

Blog and books

I'm slowly getting out of my reading slump and I finally finished The Fullmetal Alchemist series this month! I can now return it to my friend before an actual year has passed.


I'm currently reading The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo. I'm really enjoying it, it makes me think of the film Coco (but only a little bit). Netflix recently adapted The Ghost Bride but I haven't seen the show yet. 

What are you currently reading?

Movies and TV Shows



I'm not really watching anything right now, but two weeks ago I watched The K2, which I enjoyed as well.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I hope your mother recovers quickly and that your summer break can give you relief from your stress. My Sunday Salon is chalked full of good news and funnies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for summer break! Enjoy!! And good luck with your mom's recovery as well. Hope it goes very well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I’m glad the operation went well. Enjoy your summer break. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a great week as well!

      Delete
  4. The a Ghost Bride looks good.
    I hope your mother recovers strongly.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the sound of the Ghost Bride, I’m reading a lot of books set in Asia at the moment and this looks good, thanks for sharing.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recommend it! I'm reading a lot of books set in Asia as well, so all recommendations are welcome!

      Delete
  6. I'm glad to see you have returned. I hope everything ends up going well for your mom. It has been very stressful; anything over daily life makes me want to go into therapy.

    We watched Les Mis last night and I can't stop thinking about the story.

    Enjoy your summer break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's good to be back!
      I feel the same, my mother is having therapy already.
      I like Les Mis, did you watch the musical?

      Delete
  7. I hope the operation went well for your mother. Mine has to have one too maybe but we'll have to wait and see how the next few weeks go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best wishes to you and your mother, I hope she will not have to have the operation. Waiting is often difficult in these situations.

      Delete