Sunday 19 July 2020

Sunday Post #113


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

I miss being able to travel to other countries but I'm enjoying discovering new places in Belgium as well. What are you doing to keep yourselves busy?
Yesterday, I had a great time catching up with my friend, first time seeing each other since this corona thing started.

Blog and books


I finished The Ghost Bride at the beginning of the week and I thought it was great! I recommend it if you are looking for a good ghost story. I started Norwegian Wood (and by started I mean, I read 20 pages). I hope to continue soon.
A lot of people commented on the picture of this book on Instagram, and their praise for this book makes me want to read it all the more. I just hope the slump doesn't return.


Movies and TV Shows


I watched two films this week: Fight Club and The Marriage Story. Both films I have been wanting to watch for quite some time and I'm so happy I finally did. They're great!


Stay safe and enjoy the summer!


What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Marriage Story was good, I really enjoyed it. My friend keeps telling me to read Murakami but I’ve never gotten round to it, I heard they are great books.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm not far into Norwegian Wood but I'm quite enjoying it!

      Have a good week as well!

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to discover new areas, even if they're close to home. Although this virus does put a damper on things, that's for sure! Wish it would just go away!!

    Hope you have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss traveling too, but I am spending a lot of time exploring the outdoors. That’s fun. I hope you have a good week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was supposed to go to the Belgian coast (Middelkerke) in August for a week but we canceled it because of the numbers rising again. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :(
      Normally were going to De Haan again in August, but were still waiting to see what will happen.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are able to explore Belgium right now. Share, if you can, here. I'd love to see more of it.

    Murakami is one of my favorites. But then again I am crazy for quirky.

    I saw an ad for Marriage Story and I wondered if it would be too sad. Glad to hear you found it to be very good.

    Have a good week and take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to share a bit of Belgium on here :)

      I'm just getting to know Murakami but what I have read, I have enjoyed!

      It was definitely sad at times but it felt very realistic.

      Stay safe and have a good week as well!

      Delete
  6. Despite doing very little I always feel busy.
    I haven’t really enjoy anything I’ve read by Murakami yet.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I sometimes feel like that as well :)

      Have a great reading week as well!

      Delete