Saturday 13 February 2021

Stacking the Shelves: January 2021 Book Haul

 


Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.


These are the books I got in January! I haven't been feeling like my best self (due to lockdown, the weather and other things) so I splurged a bit on books.

I ordered two more books (Before the Coffee Gets Cold 2 and If Cats Disappeared From the World but had to return them because they arrived damaged (the package was delivered soaking wet and there were dirty fingerprints all over the covers). 

I want to read more nonfiction and Japanese literary fiction this year and this is reflected in this  stacking the shelves.

1. Breasts and Eggs by Mieko Kawakami


2. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain 



3. Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari



4. Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds, Ibram X. Kendi 



5. Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk


Olga Tokarczuk has already become one of my favourite authors this year. This book was stunning!

6. The Spy and the Traitor: The Greatest Espionage Story of the Cold War by Ben Macintyre


7. Midnight in Chernobyl: The Untold Story of the World's Greatest Nuclear Disaster by Adam Higginbotham

8. How To Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi 

I finished this book today and learned so much. Such an important book!

9. How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie


I started listening to the audiobook Quiet and it referenced this book at times, which why I want to read this first before continuing Quiet, so I'll exactly what is criticised.

10. Flights by Olga Tokarczuk



Which books did you get recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you haven't been feeling great lately, but books are definitely one of the best remedies. I don't read a lot of non-fiction but I think I would enjoy Quiet and Sapiens. Hope you have a good week and feel more like yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete