Sunday 16 January 2022

Sunday Post #135

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Life has been busy and crazy these past two weeks, I'm currently in quarantine until Tuesday because of a high risk contact at work and since I only got the booster the same day, I had to go home on Friday :( I've been taking a test every day and really hope I won't end up seeing a positive result, so far so good, though. It's not fun to teach from home when your students are at school, though.



Blog and books



So far I have managed to read two books this year, Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut and How Do You Live? by Genzaburo Yoshino. I liked both but I don't think these will be new favourites. 

I have also started three other books The Daily Stoic, which I plan to read every day, Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig and a new audiobook, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. I've been enjoying listening to biographies and can always use some recommendations!

Movies and TV Shows



I recently watched Gaslight (the British version) because Stephen Fry recommended it on a Belgian TV show, so how could I resist? I highly recommend it as well!

I also started watching the Antiques Roadshow on the BBC again and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Really enjoying both of them.

What did you watch or read recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I will check out Gaslight. I do hope you avoid getting sick. Testing is hard to get here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no sorry tohear that! I hope you stay negative and feel okay.

    I love old movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way to stay well.

    I've seen How Do You Live several times this week, and happily I found a copy at the library. It will work well for the Japanese Literature Challenge, I think.

    We watched an Alfred Hitchcock movie tonight called North by Northwest. It was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will escape covid.
    Interesting, I'm going to begin How Do You Live? tomorrow!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/01/16/sunday-post-49-1-16-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed that you stay negative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The new spread of covid is very scary. The unvaccinated should be even more frightened than those of us who have confidence in medical science. I hope this phase of the pandemic is over soon. Good luck with your exposure situation.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your tests continue to be negative. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete