Sunday 30 January 2022

Sunday Post #137

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Another hectic week has passed, my brother has tested positive and we still live in the same house, so I've been so nervous and careful this past week but will I be able to escape it even though we do live in separate rooms for now? The situation is driving me a bit insane.
On top of that my teaching job is only getting busier as well, I'm already starting to feel like I'm dragging myself to my next holiday.


Blog and books



I finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks this weekend and I had such a great time listen to the audiobook. Highly recommend this non-fiction and the listening experience as well. I plan to listen to Invisible Women next but more non-fiction audiobook recommendations are welcome!


Movies and TV Shows




I didn't watch any films this week but I did watch The Masked Singer and some more episodes of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, this last one has turned into a bit of comfort show for me. Do you have any of those? I could use more ;)

Also, a new discovery, I love the Great Pottery Throwdown as well! A fellow student potter recommended it to me. It's so fun to see how creative you can be with clay. I still have so much to learn but my class often relaxes me a bit. I just wish I could do it more often.

What did you watch or read recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I loved The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. Another nonfiction book I read and loved was The Warmth of Other Suns. The Splendid and the Vile is a nonfiction book I read at the start of the pandemic that reminded me that other people have had things much worse than I have.

    We've been watching Seaside Hotel on PBS lately. Great escapism.

    I'm sorry your brother has Covid. I hope you are able to avoid getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no- hope you stay negative! I have heard of people being in the same household and not getting it- hopefully that's your situatuon as well.

    ReplyDelete