Sunday 18 September 2022

Sunday Post #142

  

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Phew, this busy and exhausting week finally came to an end, with two grandparents having to be admitted in the hospital and some medical mistakes made (which I'm hoping will not be permanent, but might end up being so). It's hard to stay positive at times. Luckily one of them got to return home and didn't end up going back to hospital the next day. On top of that, in the very same hospital a fire broke out today and one patient died not far from the area my grandfather stayed yesterday.


Blog and books


I didn't read much this week but hope next week will be better, I at least have one hour of reading planned as I am supervising our schools book club on Tuesday on which the only rule is to read. I have seen students read some great books last year, some even reading Jane Austen in English (not their native language) which made me quite proud of them. I will be reading Siddhartha there.


Movies and TV Shows




I've finished Alchemy of Souls, which was quite fun and perfect for some needed escapism. Not sure what to watch next, so do you have any recommendations?

What did you watch or read recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! That hospital sounds like not the best place! Hope your grandparents are doing okay and get better from whatever mistakes were made. Hope you do get some reading time this week too!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that's awful! Sending best wishes to you and your grandparents- I hope they are okay.

    I watched Vigil recently (it was a BBC show I think) and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good wishes to your grandparents for a swift recovery!

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your grandparents will be alright and both home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry you are going through all this. I hope your family gets better quickly.
    Siddhartha is an interesting read!
    https://wordsandpeace.com/2022/09/11/sunday-post-66-09-11-2022/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hospital sounds quite frightening. I hope your grandparents will recover quickly and that they will both be home very shortly.

    The book club sounds fun. We used to have a time every Friday called DEAR time where we would Drop Everything and Read. The kids loved it.

    I'm watching and enjoying Modern Family. So amusing!

    ReplyDelete