Tuesday 27 October 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Halloween themed freebie

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme has to be related to Halloween. Now, I used to love scaring people on Halloween but I don't like to be scared. The only movies I don't watch are of the horror kind. I don't mind some creepiness in books but I don't like horror. It is needless to say that I don't read horror books either. However, I do have a few recommendations that are creepy but too much. And I have some books that I want to read, which might be creepy as well. Therefore I will divide this list into books I recommend and books on my tbr.

Books I recommend to read on Halloween

1. Carrie by Stephen King



I actually just finished reading Carrie last week. It was a loan from a friend, and I had to read it soon anyway so I decided it would make a good Halloween read. And I was right!

2. The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux



I read this one quite a long time ago, I recently purchased it in English and I'm excited to reread this one! I absolutely love the musical but Leroux's original story is a bit different. Anyway, if you're not sure about this watch the movie first, or better yet watch the 25th anniversary version, which is absolutely the best!

3. Balefire by Cate Tiernan



There are four books in this series and they centre around witches. I loved this series as a young teenager and I actually want to reread these quite soon as well!

Creepy books on my tbr

I don't actually know if any of these books are actually creepy, but they sound creepy to me, so let's roll with it!

4. Dracula by Bram Stoker



I read many vampire books over the years but I still haven't read Dracula, therefore, I thought I couldn't really put any of the others on the list. 

5. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake



6. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



7. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs



8. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness



9. In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters



10. Mort by Terry Pratchett



11. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley



Because no Halloween list is complete without it!


Have you read any of these books? Let me know your thoughts on them down below! Which books are on your Halloween list?

7 comments:

  1. I've read most of the books on your tbr list and they are all great.

    Check out my TTT and my Halloween Giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I hope to read most of them soon!

      Delete
  2. We're in the same boat with Dracula! I've read so many vampire books but never that one. Thinking about reading it this week. I also want to read The Phantom of the Opera. The only one I've read is Frankenstein, but I didn't love it. Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about reading Dracula this week too, but I probably won't find the time, poor excuse though, but hopefully I can get too it soon! The Phantom is great! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!

      Delete
  3. Love Phantom but i refuse to read Carrie - gives my name a bad rap :) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can understand that! Nice to know you like the Phantom too!

      Delete
  4. I really wanted to read The Phantom of the Opera, but I've watched the film version so many times, I was worried it'd be a bit like a reread. I'm glad to know the original story is a bit different!
    Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete