Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews. Each week bloggers post the books they purchased or received. This is my December book haul. Some books I bought myself and others I received as gifts for Christmas or New Year's Eve.
These are the one I got myself:
1. Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Sooo excited about this book! I got the hardcover and it's simply stunning! The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series and I can't wait to read Wires and Nerve!
2. Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo
3. Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo
I'm really excited to read this duology!
4. The Girl in 6E (Deanna Madden #1) by A.R. Torre
I've heard some good things about this book and while this is totally not my genre, I am excited to read it!
5. We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
I've heard so much about Shirley Jackson, and the book I decided to read first! Can't wait!
This month I also decided to order an Owlcrate box and because I just couldn't get enough of subscription boxes, I ordered FairyLoot as well.
6. Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst
This hardcover was in my Owlcrate box. I'm a little disappointed because I've heard some pretty bad reviews about this one and I feel that doesn't go well with the theme of the box, which was 'epic'. If you want to know more about this box, please let me know in the comments.
7. Flashfall (Flashfall #1) by Jenny Moyer
As you can see above, this book was in my FairyLoot box :) absolutely love this subscription box! I actually couldn't resist and ordered the January box as well, because "Treat yo self"! :p
I actually haven't heard much about this book but I'm excited to get to it! I'm hoping to read it in January!
8. City of Thieves by David Benioff
I got this book from my uncle as a Christmas present together with a dvd of Fargo!
This year I also participated in the Secret Santa project hosted by the blog The Broke and Bookish! It was absolutely awesome! My Secret Santa is lovely
girl from Sweden! She got me some Swedish sweets and chocolate and needless to say they were delicious and totally gone already! :p
She also got me the following books!
9. The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey
10. Walk on Earth a Stranger (The Gold Seer Trilogy #1) by Rae Carson
Really excited about all of them! Thank you again Kimberly! You are amazing!
My family actually exchanges the most gifts on New Year's Eve, I got some fantastic books from my parents (thanks dad!), my grandparents and my great-aunt.
11. How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
12. Giant Days, Vol. 1 by John Allison (Author), Lissa Treiman (Illustrator), Whitney Cogar (Colors)
13. The Trouble With Women by Jacky Fleming
14. You (You #1) by Caroline Kepnes
15. The Black Prism (Lightbringer #1) by Brent Weeks
16. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Brontë
17. The Warded Man (The Demon Cycle #1) by Peter V. Brett
I'm really excited about all of these! I actually didn't expect I'd receive so many books this year, so I'm really pleased!
Which books did you get in December? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!