These are the best books I read in 2017! They are listed in no particular order.
1. Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer #1) by Laini Taylor
This was just such a wonderful story! Laini Taylor has an incredible writing style and I can't wait to read the sequel, probably my most anticipated book this year!
2. The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Guide #1) by Mackenzi Lee
This was such a pleasant surprise! I enjoyed every page! And the author actually interacted with me on Twitter! I want to read everything she publishes in the future! She writes the most amazing characters!
3. Giant Days volumes 1-4 by John Allison, etc.
This has quickly become one of my favourite comic series! It's such fun and the illustrations are so vivid and colourful!
4. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Loved the book and the TV show! Highly recommend both!
5. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood
Read this before the TV show came out, still need to watch it. The book was incredible, though! Atwood is quickly becoming one of my favourite authors!
6. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
This book was incredible! Read it!
7. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
I had watched the movies several times but I know finally read the book as well! You are never too old enough to read this story!
8. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
Mystery is a genre I almost never read, but this book was such a pleasant surprise! I just couldn't put it down!
9. Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
I read three non-fiction books this year and I really liked all of them. I'm glad I'm branching out in so many different genres. Also really enjoyed the movie! I now always associate Simon and Garfunkel with this story.
10. Shades of Magic trilogy by V.E. Schwab
I now have three copies of the first book and I'm not even the least bit ashamed! Really enjoyed this series! I kind of hope Schwab will write more stories in this world!
I need some recommendations! Which books did you love last year? Have you read any of the ones above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!