Sunday 29 December 2019

Sunday Post #89


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.

Life


The last couple of weeks have been extremely busy. Thankfully I did have a Christmas break and I will be home next week as well. It's some much needed time to relax a little, although I seem to have some trouble to actually relax.


Blog and books


This week I read The Afterlife of Holly Chase and I loved it! It was a fun Christmas read! 

I'm currently reading Circe by Madeline Miller and I'm really enjoying it. I also got this book as a New Year's Eve present to my grandmother. 

Movies and TV Shows


This week I watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi. Tonight, I'm going to the cinema to watch the final film, I'm very excited to see how it all will end but I'm also a little nervous. Have you watched the last film?

I also watched A Simple Favor which was fun but not that great. I'm now obsessed with the song Bonnie and Clyde, though.


I also started watching The Witcher yesterday, really enjoying it so far. I can't wait to read the books as well. Have you read them?


What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

11 comments:

  1. I haven’t read The Witcher books but my husband and I watched the series last week, we are familiar with it from the console game (Witcher 3). We will be watching the second season of Lost in Space this week. Meanwhile, with the kids home, we have binged on the Harry Potter movies, and are just starting the Hunger games

    Wishing you a great reading week and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I am not familiar with Lost in Space, I will check it out! Your binge on Harry Potter and The Hunger Games sounds fun!

      Have a fantastic New Year as well!

      Delete
  2. Circe was fascinating, I thought. She is definitely a strong woman!

    I'm borrowing all the Star Wars movies from the library. Keep your fingers crossed for me that they come in before Tuesday so we can watch them as a marathon and in order.

    Here's to a great new year, with more time for you to read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Circe is fascinating as well! Can't wait to read more!

      Have fun with the Star Wars marathon!

      Have an amazing new year as well!

      Delete
  3. I'm hoping to watch Star Wars this week and I've got Witcher on my Netflix watch list; I didn't realise it was a book adaptation.
    Happy New Year, Lynn and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and manage to RELAX. ;-) Here's my Sunday Post
    Flora x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red Christmas tree :)
    I've read #0 of The Witcher and I didn't like it at all. But I've JUST watched the first two episodes, and I LOVED it! Can't wait to keep watching :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked the Rise of Skywalker for the most part, I was pleasantly surprised as I was bracing for disappointment just in case haha. I thought it mostly worked! Hope you enjoyed it too! I started The Witcher but I'm only on the first episode so far.

    Hope you have a great New Year's!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not watched the last three Star Wars films. It's just not my thing. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was supposed to go see the last Star Wars but had to cancel the plans because of back issues. Hopefully I can still go at some point but I'm not sure. I hope you enjoyed the movie though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are having a holiday break and hope you get to actually relax. I think I will go see the Star Wars movie next week. I've seen all the others.

    Happy New Year and enjoy your reads!

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post.Love them all. Thanks for sharing it!
    www.designercountry.com/

    ReplyDelete