Sunday 5 January 2020

Sunday Post #90


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life



Christmas break is over and I don't feel ready to start work again tomorrow, but I never feel ready to start a work week :) Now the countdown begins for my next day off!
I did enjoy celebrating New Year's Eve, but the days after that were fairly busy, my grandmother (89) and her sister (91) had to move this week and we all had to help.


Blog and books



At the beginning of the week I finished reading Circe by Madeline Miller. Miller has become one of my favourite authors this year and I can't wait to see what she writes next. I also read the first volume of Heartstopper (I own the paperback) and loved it so much I had to read the rest on Alice Oseman's website. It's such an adorable comic! Another favourite of mine.

My first book and review of 2020 was the e-arc of the comic collection Snug, which I really enjoyed! You can find my review here.

I also posted my favourite books of 2019, which is the Top Ten Tuesday list I most enjoy each year. You can find it here.

Movies and TV Shows






I haven't watched any films yet this year but I did finish The Witcher on Monday and I have also started and finished His Dark Materials. Both shows were awesome! I can't recommend them enough! I'm now in love with the His Dark Materials soundtrack. 
I also started to watch Her Private Life, which is a Korean series which I rather like as well!


What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. I’m binging Gilmore Girls (again) but ‘after hours’, my husband is home on holidays from work so he has taken charge of the television while he is awake which means I’ve watched Witcher, Lost in Space S2, a bunch of action movies and a lot of random YouTube videos.
    I’m glad you enjoyed your first book of the year,

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY FEEL YOU! My Christmas break is over as well and I don't particularly look forward to start working tomorrow. But I know when I walk into my classroom that it's okay and I'll enjoy the day nonetheless. BUT! I'm also counting down again, lol. 6 weeks till Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that way too . . . Do I really have to go back to work this week?! I do have tomorrow off so at least I have that. :-) I hope the move went smoothly for your grandmother and her sister. I am looking forward to reading Circe. I am reading The Song of Achilles at the moment and loving it. I really want to see Witcher and His Dark Materials. My husband likes Witcher so far.

    I hope you have a great week, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw a librarian friend at church this morning and she said, "Oh, lucky you...you don't have to return to work tomorrow." I told her there is nothing like being retired. One of the best things is that I don't have to go back to work after a long, lovely holiday.

    We're watching the Star Wars movies in time order. It makes much more sense this way.

    I've only read Circe by Madeline Miller but I have the audio of Achilles, and I hope to get to that one soon.

    Have a great week, Lien!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes this is a time when here it's winter, it's cold, it's dark outside before and after work and for me often the next day off was Memorial Day, other than ordinary weekends. I hope your week back goes well and you get to enjoy some great new reads.

    Anne - Books of My Heart Here is my Sunday Post   

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back to work for my and hubby Monday too. He is looking forward to it, but me, not so much. We watched Wanted and Safe on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Circe looks awesome, I can't wait to get to that! And ugh going back to work after a holiday is the worst, right? Hope you have a good week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're pretty much just watching a few new anime series. Happy New Year. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm seeing a lot of mentions of Circe. I'll have to add it to my TBR list :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete