Sunday 9 February 2020

Sunday Post #95


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.


Life

A storm is coming and I've been quite uneasy about it all day. I hope everyone will be okay and that we won't have a lot of damage. This kind of weather is quite unusual in my region, so I don't fully know what to expect. I hope it won't be as bad as predicted.

Blog and books


I read two books this week, If I Never Met You and Get a Life, Chloe Brown. I liked and enjoyed them both but the first one was definitely my favourite.

I'm currently reading Little Women for the first time. I do own the Winona Ryder adaptation, so I do know the story although it has been years since I've seen the film. I'm also quite excited to watch the new Greta Gerwig adaptation, it looks fantastic!

If you have any feel good book recommendations, let me know! I'm in need of them!

Movies and TV Shows


I watched the second season of Fleabag and truly enjoyed it! I also watched and loved Joker yesterday.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

19 comments:

  1. I loved Joker! Definitely need to rewatch it soon again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have weathered the storm,
    I’m binging on The Listener right now, but I’m looking forward to PS I Love You coming to Netflix on Wednesday.

    Wishing you a great and safe reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's supposed to pick up by the end of the day, so not looking forward to that.

      Oh, I want to watch PS I Love You as well!

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the storm. I love Joker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read Little Women. Come to think about it - I have no idea how the story plays out either despite hearing about the book and the characters a lot. I just feel like I've heard too much about it and hence don't want to read it. Maybe I'll wait until my daughter is old enough to read it and then read with her, lol.

    Hope your storm doesn't cause much disruption to schedule or otherwise. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too! I do wish I read Little Women before watching the film all those years ago, but I'm still enjoying it!

      Delete
  5. I noticed that Joker had been nominated for a lot of Academy Awards. I wonder if it will do well tonight.

    I'm planning to read Little Women again soon, as our book club is discussing it later this month. I hope you enjoy it!

    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was wondering about the awards as well, haven't seen many of the other films though. It would be nice to discuss Little Women in a book club, I hope you will enjoy your reread as well!

      Delete
  6. I haven't seen Joker yet! I've heard so much though. And hope your storm's not too bad! We have a storm too but it's all snow... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend Joker! Luckily the storm wasn't too bad. We haven't had snow this winter. I hope it will stay that way. I hope your storm didn't do any damage!

      Delete
  7. I tried and failed to read Little Women as a tween. My weekly update

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I have read, I enjoyed but it's quite long.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It did not end up being to horrible, just inconvenient.

      Delete
  9. I had avoided Joker after hearing how 'disturbing' it was, but hubs and I finally watched it last weekend and I really liked it too! I heard the new Little Women adaptation was the best. Enjoy the book! I haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm enjoying the book! Happy to hear you enjoyed Joker as well!

      Delete

  10. You did a great research about the product and really loved reading it. I must say I’ve no idea about this post before and not even heard that word. While i’m writing this i am using buffer and hoot suite to monitor my social media’s. Both are good by the way I’ve to admit. I’m thinking to try to will share my feedback after trying it.
    www.designercountry.com/

    ReplyDelete