Sunday 16 February 2020

Sunday Post #96


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.

Life


On Friday I went to two art exhibitions in Brussels which I enjoyed immensely. I visited one about Magritte and Dalí, and I loved seeing how these two great painters influenced each other. The other one was about Keith Haring, which was also interesting. I had a great day!

Blog and books


I'm currently still reading Little Women, I'm enjoying it but it's a bit slow at times. I also read the webtoon Punderworld (about Hades and Persephone) and I'm really enjoying it, can't wait to read what happens next. The artwork is incredible as well. I might also check out Lore Olympus. Do you have any webtoon recommendations? I'm quite new to them.

I wrote a Can't Wait Wednesday post and a Stacking the Shelves one this week. Next week you will be able to read what I read in January.

Movies and TV Shows


I watched the sequel To All the Boys on Netflix and it was fine. I also watched the second episode of The Durrells, a TV show I'm really enjoying at the moment.

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

19 comments:

  1. I'm reading Little Women, too. My face-to-face book club is discussing it this week, so I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to finish it by Tuesday night. I'm finding the story a little slow, at times, but the characters seem completely real, and I like that. I wish I knew more about Pilgrim's Progress, which inspired the book, I'm told. I think that would help me get through the slow parts a little better.

    I'm so glad you are enjoying the Durrells in Corfu. Aren't they a charming family? I read My Family and Other Animals a long time ago, before I saw the series, and I ended up reading book two after I watched it all. There is also a book three, I think, and I hope to read it, too.

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love reading about the characters as well, but I agree it's quite slow in some parts, which makes my progress slow as well. I would like to know more about Pilgrim's Progress as well.

      The Durrells are very charming! Can't get enough of them! Do you recommend the books as well?

      Have a lovely week as well!

      Delete
  2. I hope to watch P.S. I Still Love You tonight. I heard it wasn't as good as the first movie from people so I'm curious to see how I'll feel. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it wasn't as good as the first one.

      Delete
  3. I've only seen a few webtoons but I do generally like them. I need to check more of them out. I haven't seen the To All the Boys sequel yet but I want to.

    The art exhibitions sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read many webtoons but what I've read was great! I definitely want to read more of them as well.
      The art exhibitions were wonderful!

      Delete
  4. I read Little Women when I was in high school; though I don't recall much about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't really read any English or American chrildren's classics in high school.

      Delete
  5. The sequel to All the Boys is out? I need to watch that!
    stacybuckeye
    https://stacybuckeye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dali’s work is so weird. I love it. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no idea what a webtoon is! I thought PS I Still Love You was as good as the first. I’m currently binging on The Marvellous Mrs Maisel.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an online comic you can read in installments.
      I loved the first season of The Marvellous Mrs Maisel, I really want to continue soon!

      Delete
  8. The art exhibits sound like an enjoyable way to spend the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome expected post you shared here, I will require it many times, and here the outstanding selection of topic also makes me more jolly, please hope more blog post we get from you. Thanks advances!!!
    www.designercountry.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for being able to enjoy both of those art exhibitions, that sounds lovely! I have read Little Women when I was younger and I remember it being quite slow as well...

    ReplyDelete