Monday 13 August 2018

July 2018 Wrap Up

These are the nine books I read in July. I was able to read all the books I chose for the Tome Topple Readathon but I needed more than two weeks to do so. I'm very happy I was able to read so much this month!

1. The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton 


I really enjoyed this sci-fi mystery thriller and I highly recommend it! 5 stars!

2. Aquicorn Cove by Katie O'Neill


I got this e-arc from Netgalley and you can find my review here.

3. Sweet Tooth, Volume 2: In Captivity by Jeff Lemire


I liked this better than the first volume! Hoping to continue the series soon! 4 stars!

4. The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty 


This book was amazing! Can't wait to read the sequel! 5 stars!

5. The Poppy War by R.F. Kuang 


This is one of my favourite books I read this year even though it can be very brutal. 5 stars! Highly recommend this one. 

6. Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1) by Sebastien de Castell


This was good but after two great fantasy reads it did not live up to my very high expectations. I am however very excited to read the sequel as I believe the next book will be better. 4 stars.

7. The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter


I enjoyed the title story and some fairy tales at the end. However, I did not like all her stories and was often confused. 3 stars.

8. The Supervillain and Me by Danielle Banas


This was such a fun and cute read. A little predictable but I really enjoyed it! 3,5 stars.

9. The Honeymoon Trap by Christina Hovland


I got an e-arc from Netgalley and you can find my review here.



What did you read recently? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I feel like I haven't read anything lately :( Which out of these would you recommend the most?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend The City of Brass, The Poppy War and The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle. I loved them all!

      Delete
  2. That's good to know about The Seven deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle! I saw another positive review for it too, I'm leaning towards getting that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get a chance to read it!

      Delete
  3. I don't generally do well with anthologies. I guess I don't have the patience to plough through mediocre stories to get to the good ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel the same way, although I haven't read that many yet. I prefer longer stories.

      Delete
  4. The Poppy War looks amazing and I'm about to start reading it :) Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete