Wednesday 29 August 2018

Can't Wait Wednesday: Pride by Ibi Zoboi

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.


Zuri Benitez has pride. Brooklyn pride, family pride, and pride in her Afro-Latino roots. But pride might not be enough to save her rapidly gentrifying neighborhood from becoming unrecognizable. 

When the wealthy Darcy family moves in across the street, Zuri wants nothing to do with their two teenage sons, even as her older sister, Janae, starts to fall for the charming Ainsley. She especially can’t stand the judgmental and arrogant Darius. Yet as Zuri and Darius are forced to find common ground, their initial dislike shifts into an unexpected understanding.

But with four wild sisters pulling her in different directions, cute boy Warren vying for her attention, and college applications hovering on the horizon, Zuri fights to find her place in Bushwick’s changing landscape, or lose it all.


-- Goodreads.com description --




It's no secret that I'm a huge Pride and Prejudice fan which is why it shouldn't shock anyone to read that Pride is one of my most anticipated reads this year. A diverse and contemporary Pride and Prejudice retelling? GIVE IT TO ME NOW!


Have you read this book or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!



Which books are you excited to read?





If you enjoyed this post, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I've had my eyes on this one for a while. I'm so excited to see if it becomes a new fave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this spin on P & P. It's one of my favorite books ever so this will be great to read. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    Mary my CWW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's probably the most interesting spin on this story I've ever heard.

      Delete
  3. I've never read P&P (I know, sacrilege) but this does sound like a very modern, and nicely diverse, retelling. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! I hadn't heard of Pride, but yes! I have to read this too. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so stoked for this one as well. I am eagerly awaiting my preorder of it. Hope we both end up loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like kinds of angst and fun confusion:) i can't wait for the 4th Hell Divers book. Should be arriving soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to check that series out!

      Delete
  7. Hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm super excited for this one too. Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time favorites!

    ReplyDelete