Saturday 1 September 2018

Stacking the Shelves: August 2018 and Birthday Book Haul



Stacking the Shelves is a meme co-hosted by Reading Reality and Tynga's Reviews (the image above belongs to these blogs too). Each week bloggers share the books they got.

I have not read much lately but I do have a substantial book haul last month, mainly because it was also my birthday last week.

1. I Think I Love You (Oxford #5) by Lauren Layne

2. Open Earth by by Sarah Mirk, Eva Cabrera and Claudia Aguirre 

Netgalley e-arc.

3. A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer 


Netgalley e-arc. I'm really excited to read this but sadly this is a pdf file and I really struggle to read those.

4. Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves #1) by Mary E. Pearson


I really enjoyed The Remnant Chronicles and I can't wait to read this story set in the same world!

5. Death Note Box Set (Death Note #1-13) by Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata


This box set is gorgeous and I simple couldn't resist!

6. I Believe in a Thing Called Love by Maurene Goo


This purchase was entirely caused by my discovery of Korean dramas!

7. Lyrical Ballads by William Wordsworth, Samuel Taylor Coleridge 


I love these editions!

The following books were birthday presents from my parents and my wonderful bestie!

8. Take It as a Compliment by Maria Stoian


9. Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire


10. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North


I've heard great things about this book!

11. The Mermaid and Mrs. Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar

Love this cover!

12. Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy


13. Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood and The Story of a Return by Marjane Satrapi


14. The Giver Quartet Omnibus (The Giver #1-4) by Lois Lowry


This edition is stunning! Thank you, Sarah!!!

And lastly, I pre-ordered this e-book two months ago and it finally came out:

15. The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke #2) by Tessa Dare 



Which books did you recently get? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!


If you liked this post please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram and Goodreads! I really appreciate it! 




Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 



9 comments:

  1. Ooh happy birthday! I hope you like the Kemmerer book and it doesn't turn out too hard to read... and the Pearson book looks good too. I always think I'll try her books and I still haven't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pdf files are really difficult to read for me too but I think it would be worth it for A Curse So Dark and Lonely. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I'm a big fan of Brigid's! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to read it soon, but I might just wait until I can read it in a better format.

      Delete
  3. Ooo, that Death Notes set. Lots of goodies here. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an excellent haul! And Happy Birthday! That boxed set is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Death Note packaging! I never accept pdf files because a lot of them are barely readable on an ereader and I don't want to read them on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I wish I knew in advance before requesting those books on Netgalley.

      Delete