Saturday 15 September 2018

August Wrap Up

As you might know, I'm in a massive reading slump which started in August. This means I didn't read all that much in August and I believe September will be even worse. All things considered, I'm still happy I read four books last month!

1. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer


I wanted to read this because I wanted to watch the movie as well and a book about a literary society sounded like perfection. I didn't end up liking this one as much as I hoped I would. I believe the epistolary format and the first slow half of the book had something to do with that. I gave The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society 3 stars but I do prefer the book over the film.

2. The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang 


This was fun but a lot more erotic than I anticipated. I really liked the characters. 4 stars.


3. I Think I Love You (Oxford, #5) by Lauren Layne

To be honest, I barely remember anything about this book. I gave it 2 stars.

4. Take It as a Compliment by Maria Stoian


This is a very hard-hitting graphic memoir about real life experiences of sexual abuse, violence and harassment. I highly recommend it but be aware of these trigger warnings. 5 stars.


Have you read any of these books or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts and recommendations down below!

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I hope your slump ends soon! I’ve heard good things about Take It As A Compliment. If I ever come across a cheap copy, I might pick it up.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I started it as audiobook but I think I'd better read it as a physical book so I'm gonna just wait for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 books is good when you're in a slump! When I slump I can barely read anything lol. Guernsey sounds good, I see that around a lot, and The Kiss Quotient I guess I thought was more like the Rosie Project or something- not sure why I get those confused- but I have heard it's more adult in content than maybe I initially thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that you managed a few books during your slump-better than nothing at all! I read Guernsey many years back and thought it was ok but my reading tastes have changed so much that I doubt I'd like it now!

    ReplyDelete