Sunday 16 September 2018

Sunday Post #30


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life

I have been rejected for some more jobs and Friday evening I got a call saying I have a two-week teaching job (again a very long way from home) but I have to teach English and French. French! I haven't spoken French in years and now I have to teach it while other schools reject me for not having a degree in my native language, I now have to teach a language I barely speak. Not looking forward to that at all. On top of all this I caught a cold.


Blog and books

I finished my first book of the month, Every Heart a Doorway. I started Mirage on the train but I haven't read much so far. I hope to read more despite the slump.
This week I posted a Can't Wait Wednesday post and an August Wrap Up. I have not found the time to catch up to and replying to comments but I will do that as soon as possible.


Movies and TV Shows


I finished watching Secret and Oh My Ghost. Currently watching and enjoying It's Okay, That's Love. I also watched Hidden Figures which was incredible! I highly recommend the film and I hope to read the book soon!




What did you read or watch recently? Do you have any recommendations?

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I really want to watch Hidden Figures... Must remember to do that!

    Good luck with the job. It's not ideal, but it's at least something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hidden Figures is on my list of movies to watch when it hits cable, Prime or Netflix. Good luck with the French class..eep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so ridiculous that school reject you for not having a degree in your native tongue and yet others will have you teach French. I mean wow. Still rooting everything will be better for you soon though. Hang in there and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't life crazy? Good luck with the teaching gig and hope it goes well.

    Every Heart A Doorway sounds great, I've been thinking of trying that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job! I hope something is better on the horizon for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it not a bit of a risk teaching a language you barely speak? I don't think I'd want to try that! But good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete