Sunday 26 August 2018

Sunday Post #27


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer ). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 


Life

Life sucks at the moment. I was hoping I could return to the school where I taught last year, but Friday evening I saw on the Facebook page of someone I used to study with that she has started working as a Dutch and English teacher at that school while I didn't even receive a reply. To say it hurt is an understatement. Oh, and it was my birthday yesterday. It did not feel happy at all. Luckily, my friend is coming over today, so hopefully I can keep my mind of it. 

In other news, I did pass my driving exam this week! 

Blog and books

Still in a big reading slump, so I didn't read anything this week.


Movies and TV Shows

Kdrama has been my lifesaver this week! I am really enjoying it and helps relaxing me. I have watched Strong Woman Do Bong Soon and it was fantastic! I also started Secret Garden but was a little bored, I will get back to it soon, though! 



What did you read or watch recently? Do you have any recommendations?

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on passing your driving exam and Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry that you didn't get the job tho. I know it must be rough looking. I hope this week is better for you and you have a good time with your friend. I just got Shatter Me from the Library and I am really enjoying it. Have a good week!

    Mary my Sunday Roundup 33!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you will have a good time reading Shatter Me! Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  2. I hope you're doing better. So sorry about the teaching job, especially since you didn't even get a reply. But congrats on passing the driving exam! I haven't watched much lately except Charmed that I've been rewatching. I'm at season 6 already. Reading has been slow for me but I'm rereading the last Artemis Fowl book and it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think this will keep bugging me for a very long time but it gets better every day. Charmed is fantastic!

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm sorry to hear that Lynn. That's a crappy way to find out, I agree. Happy birthday though, and congrats on your driving exam too! Hope you find lots of ways to keep your mind off it. :)

    Go kdrama!

    I've been slumping on and off too. I had a really boring read and it was killing me, then luckily the one after that was better. Hope you have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm doing a little bit better! I should have been able to read a lot in August but it's one of the worst reading months I've had all year. Slumps are the worst! Glad to hear yours is getting better!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday and congrats on the exam. I'm sorry to hear the news about the job. Not the best way to find out. Maybe a good book will take you away from it:)

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'll be hard not to feel hurt that they didn't ask you back...I'm so sorry about that. I've certainly been there and it is hard not to take it personally but that means somewhere more deserving will secure your services soon. Congrats on passing your driving test! Lessons are so expensive over here that I've never been able to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, it helps. Driving lessons are definitely expensive here as well but there really wasn't any other way for me to learn. To be honest, I don't like driving but I have to if I want to be able to apply for more jobs.

      Delete
  6. ugh sorry to hear that happened to you Lynn! I would have been hurt too! Happy belated birthday yesterday. I hope that by the time you read this you are feeling better and that you find a job a thousand times better than that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on passing your exam! Sorry about the school, though. Happy birthday! I hope you can celebrate when you feel better.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to finish watching 'strong woman do bong soon' but somehow never finished but going to do so one of these days. the first two episode is so funny. I actually liked 'secret garden' and I thought it was a pretty decent drama.

    happy belated birthday. I hope you had a great day.

    thank your for your visit to my blog. have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Secret Garden was okay, I think I went in with the wrong expectations but I did enjoy it. I hope you'll get the chance to watch Strong Woman Do Bong Soon soon!

      Delete