Tuesday 21 August 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books to Pull You Out of a Reading Slump

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme  which was previously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and is now hosted by That Artsy Reader GirlEach week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. This week's topic is Ten Books to Pull You Out of a Reading Slump. When I scrolled back I noticed it's my first Top Ten Tuesday post this year, it's about time I got back to it because I missed this!



(image belongs to That Artsy Reader Girl)

As I am currently in a reading I may need to pick one of these to read as well. Usually, I just watch Netflix or read a totally different genre to get out of the slump, but for now I am content to continue watching Kdrama until things calm down a little.

These are my top ten books to get you out of a reading slump!

Let's start with some comics!

1. Giant Days by John Allison



I often reach for a comic when I feel like I'm in a slump. Changing genres or formats can help me a lot.

2. I Hate Fairyland by Skottie Young



3. Adulthood Is a Myth by Sarah Andersen



This is a collection of comics and some of them are about books and reading. 

Now, I also tend to reach for romance novels when I'm in a reading slump because they are usually fun, easy to read and short.

4. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne


This is one of my favourite books ever, can't wait to reread this for the fifth time!

5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood #1) by Becky Albertalli 



This was such a fun read! I also really recommend the movie!

6. Geekerella by Ashley Poston



A fun Cinderella retelling about a convention and cosplay.

Sci-fi and fantasy books:

7. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer



This is one of my favourite young adult sci-fi series! There are four books, one novella and two comics in this series! My favourite is still Cress, though!

8. Illuminae (The Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff



This story is told through a collection of documents which makes you fly through it in no time!

9. A Darker Shade of Magic (Shades of Magic #1) by V.E. Schwab



This is a fantastic fantasy series! Can't wait to see how the story continues in the comics!

10. Starflight by Melissa Landers 



I couldn't put this book down when I first read it. I was hooked from page one!


Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Which books do you recommend to cure a reading slump? Leave your thoughts and the link to your Top Ten Tuesday down below!


If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!



Have a wonderful day everyone!

9 comments:

  1. #3 - I have read this and it's fun, the second book 'big mushy happy lump' isn't as good

    #7 - I'm still trying to finish reading book 3 &4, I'm in a total slump about these books

    #8 - I actually didn't like the format of this series so I don't plan on reading them but there seems to be so many reviews saying how great they are, still, I don't know

    I haven't read most of the ones on your list but I think people should just read what they want during a slump or just in general

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree although I often have trouble finding a book I want to read during a reading slump.

      Delete
  2. I've heard Giant Days is really good, and I think I saw it on ComiXology. I may try it. And I agree- Netflixing is my usual solution. :)

    Adulthood is a Myth looks great! And Illuminae (and the sequels) ARE nice because yes, the format helps them kinda speed along!

    Starflight was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll get the chance to read Giant Days and Adulthood is a Myth!

      Delete
  3. I love Sarah Andersen! I so relate to her love of books and social anxieties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree about Adulthood and the Lunar Chronicles! I don;t know how many times I've tried to finish ADSOM though LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adulthood and The Lunar Chronicles are the best! I've heard that about ADSOM before but I flew through it!

      Delete