Sunday 13 June 2021

Sunday Post #142

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 
I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

It's been way to long since I lasted posted something. I have been in a bit of a slump and didn't feel like I had much to talk about. With the sunny weather, things have gotten a bit a better though. Does your mood improve with sunny weather as well?

I have been playing Splendor outside in the evenings, which has become a bit of a habit with warm weather. Splendor is one of my favourite card games and one I never tire of. It also helps me clear my mind a bit.


Do you have a game you can play over and over again without getting bored?

Blog and books



I finished 84 Charing Cross Road, which I really liked (I mean, a book about books and bookshops, what's not to like?). I also read Peaceful Mind by Seneca, a much needed read for me at the time and one I definitely recommend!

I'm currently reading and loving Lonely Castle in the Mirror, I have discovered Japanese fiction can be very comforting to read last year, and it still remains the case this year as well.

Movies and TV Shows



I watched the film 84 Charing Cross Road as well, it's a good one too! Aside from that I have watched more of Schitt's Creek, Use for my Talent and I'm planning to watch Lucifer too.

How have all of you been doing?

What did you read or watch recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. My mood definitely improves with nice weather! :)

    I've heard good things about Schitt's creek. I loved Emily Hampshire in the 12 Monkeys show on SyFy so I'm tempted to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate sunny weather as I can't really function well in heat. The next few days will be horrible for me. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny days definitely brighten my mood. I'm glad to see you posting.

    I've never seen the Charing Cross movie. I feel certain I would enjoy it.

    My family loves games, and I can see that my husband, a gemcutter, would like Splendor. I have a game called W.E.L.D.E.R. on my phone that I play all the time.

    ReplyDelete