Sunday 21 November 2021

Sunday Post #151

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Covid is coming back with a vengeance again, which is definitely something that makes me sad, especially since I don't see this changing any time soon.

We did have a paella evening with my Spanish students on Friday which luckily went well (so many things could have gone wrong) and the students really seemed to have enjoyed themselves.


Blog and books





I finished The Crucible and Wintering and have started three other books: Beautiful World, Where Are You, Passing and Sapiens. I will probably only by able to finish Passing this month.

I thoroughly enjoyed The Crucible although it was a very infuriating topic.
Wintering was a bit of a disappointment, which was entirely my fault, as I hoped it would be more about how different cultures experience the darker months but got a memoir instead.



I also read my first poetry collection in a very long time, Poems by Wilfred Owen, perfect reading material on the 11th of November. Highly recommend it!

Movies and TV Shows



I started watching a Belgian show for once, called Grond. So far I'm quite enjoying it. The characters sometimes remind me of some of my former students (at least the way they talk). Any fellow Belgians watching this show as well?

Aside from that, I found out that the Spanish show Gran Hotel is no longer available on any of my streaming platforms and I really wanted to finish this show this year. Sadly it's also not available on dvd anymore either, which even irritates me more. I started rewatching the first season of La Casa de Papel again.




What did you read or watch recently?


As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the resurgence of Covid. It's been dropping for a while here, but I expect to see a resurgence after the holidays.

    I was disappointed with Wintering, too. I think I was also expecting something different.

    We are watching a Danish-made PBS show called Seaside Hotel. It's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also so sorry COVID is rearing it's ugly head. We were doing well, but now every ICU bed is filled again...
    The Crucible sounds interesting. I've enjoyed reading cozy mysteries right now. It's a fairly new-to-me genre and Ellery Adams' series, Secret, Scone and Book Society is a nice light read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sad about Covid. So sorry to see it coming back...

    Grond looks interesting. I've enjoyed some of the Belgian and French shows I've tried on netflix.

    Hope you have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not actually watching Grond but sometimes it's on in the background as I'm waiting for De Slimste Mens to start :P

    ReplyDelete