Sunday 28 November 2021

Sunday Post #152

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Due to the rising numbers the government decided on some new restrictions but I don't believe these will be enough. Schools are still open and I hope this will not provide more problems when the exams start in two weeks.

Blog and books





I haven't read much this week as work has been taking over, which will probably continue to be the case until Christmas break. I did make a slow start in the audiobook of Sapiens, though.
This year I still hope to read four books (although this might turn out to be a too big a challenge): Beautiful World, Where Are You, Sapiens, Jane Eyre and Letter's to a Young Poet

Which books do you want to read before the end of the year?

Movies and TV Shows




I didn't watch much either, just rewatched Atonement and Night at the Museum so I can use them in some of my lessons. Atonement is still such an incredible and heart-breaking film. Highly recommend it and the book as well!




What did you read or watch recently?


As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I know what you're saying about schools still being open. With me being at a high school, it is a fight to get the kids to wear their masks correctly. If I was really worried I'd take a test every day. The nurse sends kids who have to be quarantined and are waiting for their rides to go home to sit in a little room in my library, so any of those kids I have to deal with. Ugh. Hope you are doing well and have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. This virus is such a worry. Whatever we do, it still seems like the virus lives to face another day. It's very frustrating.

    Sapiens looks like such a good read. It looks like we a graphic novel adaptation of the book at our library. I've added it to my wish list.

    I'm crossing my fingers for you that you get to the four books on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're exactly in the same place as we were a year ago with the virus. Doesn't look good for Christmas :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I've seen Atonement! And I hear you on the cases/ schools thing. I'm worried too with things getting bad over here also.

    ReplyDelete