Sunday 2 January 2022

Sunday Post #134

 

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted here @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer (image above belongs to @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer). It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. 

I am also linking The Sunday Salon hosted by Deb Nance of Readerbuzz where bloggers discuss what they are reading and other bookish topics.



Life

Happy New Year! I wish you all a great year full of hope, love, books and peace!
I hope you had a lovely Christmas as well!

I have been busy with making creating in my spare time in order to relax but still feel productive. I'm thinking about maybe putting them up for sale, I don't think it will be very lucrative but I think it's an experience worth having.


Blog and books

I didn't manage to read all the books I wanted to read in December and only ended up reading 48 books this year (a low number for me). However, I read a lot of great books and I did succeed in my personal challenge to read more nonfiction and classics.



These are my favourite books of 2021, in no particular order, although, Anna Karenina, Know My Name, Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead and Lonely Castle in the Mirror were my absolute favourites which I still vividly remember. I can't recommend them enough!

Which were your favourite books last year? Leave a comment or a link down below!


Movies and TV Shows



I have watched some fun films these past weeks, like La Famille Bélier and I rewatched some old  favourites: Roman Holiday, How to Steal a Million and The Shop Around the Corner. Yesterday I watched Men & Chicken, probably the strangest film I have ever watched, still not sure what to make of it.



I also caught up on some TV Shows: The Mandalorian (love the baby!), Loki, Wandavision (can you tell I just got Disney Plus?). The Mandalorian is definitely my favourite show I watched on it.

What did you watch or read recently?

As always please leave some recommendations on what I should read or watch next! 

If you enjoyed this review, please follow me on Bloglovin'TwitterInstagram, TVShowTime and Goodreads! I would really appreciate it!


Have a wonderful day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!!

    I LOVED the Mandalorian!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta watch Loki but all I do on Disney+ is rewatching favorites 😆

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a fantastic reading year. I see Crime and Punishment in that stack, and it's a book I would like to read, but I'm fearful about taking on. Sapiens is another that might be daunting. I thought Anna Karenina and Frankenstein and Maus and Persepolis and Radium Girls were all brilliant. This year, instead of focusing on reading lots of books, I'd like to focus on reading good books.

    We've been watching Seaside Hotel and Gilmore Girls off and on. We also enjoyed the Stanley Tucci series on Italian food, and we are looking forward to more of that.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete