Thursday 23 July 2015

Song of the Lioness Series by Tamora Pierce

From now on I'm Alan of Trebond, the younger twin. I'll be a knight.

And so young Alanna of Trebond begins the journey to knighthood. Though a girl, Alanna has always craved the adventure and daring allowed only for boys; her twin brother, Thom, yearns to learn the art of magic. So one day they decide to switch places: Thom heads for the convent to learn magic; Alanna, pretending to be a boy, is on her way to the castle of King Roald to begin her training as a page.
But the road to knighthood is not an easy one. As Alanna masters the skills necessary for battle, she must also learn to control her heart and to discern her enemies from her allies.

Filled with swords and sorcery, adventure and intrigue, good and evil, Alanna's first adventure begins - one that will lead to the fulfillment of her dreams and the magical destiny that will make her a legend in her land.
-- Goodreads.com description -- 

This series was very entertaining! I loved every part of it! Alanna is such a good role model for girls and women everywhere. At first, I was hesitant to read this series by Tamora Pierce because I thought I was too old already. But I didn't bother me at all. I believe that if you're interested in this book you should read it no matter how old you are, just go for it! This doesn't mean, however, that I didn't have problems with this series. Most books I gave 3 out of 5 stars, the second and my favourite book got 5 stars and the last one only got 3 stars. But still, this is an amazing series everyone needs to read! The main problem with the last book was its length, by then, I was ready to be done with the series although it did need an end like this, I still felt it dragged a little. This might be because the other books were very short. Still, I definitely recommend this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment