Friday 31 July 2015

Soulless (Parasol Protectorate #1) by Gail Carriger

Alexia Tarabotti is laboring under a great many social tribulations. 

First, she has no soul. Second, she's a spinster whose father is both Italian and dead. Third, she was rudely attacked by a vampire, breaking all standards of social etiquette.

Where to go from there? From bad to worse apparently, for Alexia accidentally kills the vampire--and then the appalling Lord Maccon (loud, messy, gorgeous, and werewolf) is sent by Queen Victoria to investigate.

With unexpected vampires appearing and expected vampires disappearing, everyone seems to believe Alexia responsible. Can she figure out what is actually happening to London's high society? Will her soulless ability to negate supernatural powers prove useful or just plain embarrassing? Finally, who is the real enemy, and do they have treacle tart?



-- Goodreads.com description --


This book is all over Booktube, so I decided to buy the entire series, which wasn't an easy thing to do, I might add. I have mixed feelings about this book, at first, I had to get used to the writing style and then I had some trouble getting invested in the book. It definitely wasn't bad, but I somehow expected way more of it. I'm writing this review after finishing the second and third book in the series as well. I'm going to continue the series but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. If you want to read it, you should borrow it from the library or from a friend rather than buying the entire series. 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment