Thursday 29 December 2016

Top Ten Books of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. Each week bloggers post their top ten on a previously suggested topic. It is the time of the year again that best lists are coming out. This post will be no exception. The following books are my favourites ten books I read this year, which does not mean they have all been published this year, though. There is no particular order.

1. Testament of Youth by Vera Brittain



I had to read this book for my First World War literature class and I actually read it on the 11th of November. I believe it was the first time that date truly resonated with me.

2. Room by Emma Donoghue



Although I gave this book 4 stars, it still got onto my favourite list. It's a haunting story and I recently watched the movie as well. Both are brilliant and I highly recommend them.

3. The Hating Game by Sally Thorne



I love this book! It's everything a romance novel should be, funny, romantic and heart warming.

4. Adulthood Is a Myth (Sarah's Scribbles, #1) by Sarah Andersen 



I have to admit I hadn't read anything by Sarah Andersen prior to this book and only now do I know what I have missed. I recognized myself so often in these comics I will forever by checking out Sarah's work.

5. Across the Black Waters by Mulk Raj Anand



Indian perspective on the First World War and also one of the books I'm writing my thesis on.

6. The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson 


Really loved this book! I made the mistake of not taking the rest of the trilogy with me on holiday because I kept thinking about this book and barely read anything else!

7. A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas



This book blew me away! I liked the first book but I did have some problems with it. However, I can't find any flaws in this one! Can't wait to find out what happens next!

8. I Hate Fairyland, Volume 1: Madly Ever After by Skottie Young



This is such a fun and colourful comic, I couldn't help falling in love with it!

9. Starflight (Starflight, #1) by Melissa Landers



One of the first new releases I got this year and I enjoyed it immensely! I forced my friends to read it as well, and they all told my they loved it too! I believe if you are interested in this book and you liked The Lunar Chronicles you will really enjoy this book aswell!


10. Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1) by Susan Dennard



Finally, Truthwitch, I was really engrossed whilst reading it but now I'm starting to wonder if it did in fact deserve a five star rating. It still remains one of my favourite books this year and I hope to read it before the second book comes out next month.

Which books were your favourites this year? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment