Thursday 5 January 2017

December Wrap Up

These are the books I read in December. I read half of the books on my TBR, so I'm actually really pleased with that!

1. Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf



I have to admit, most of the time I don't enjoy stream of consciousness but this book wasn't so bad. This is my first Virginia Woolf read, and I am hoping to try out more of her work in the future. 4 stars.

2. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon



YA contemporary has once again been proven not to be my favourite genre. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't that great either. 3 stars.

3. Room by Emma Donoghue



Really liked this book! However, I would have loved to read from the mother's perspective as well instead of the whole story in Jack's point of view. At times, I got really annoyed at the grammatical errors Jack makes throughout the entire novel. While I know, children do that, it could get on my nerves. 4 stars.

4. Assassin's Quest (Farseer Trilogy, #3) by Robin Hobb



I started reading this book quite some time ago and put it down when I got to page 150. This is a huge book, so it was quite a challenge to finish it this month, especially because I thought it was very intimidating and uneventful (at times). In the end, Robin Hobb can do no wrong, in my opinion. I really enjoyed this book! 4 stars.

5. The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski



Just like Assassin's Quest, I started reading this book months ago. I got to page 100 and never picked it up again. My goal this month was to finish all the books I started this year, so I had to continue this book as well. I probably would have enjoyed it so much more if I had read the rest back in March. 3 stars.

6. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll



I am not a huge Alice in Wonderland fan, I'm not even sure if I saw the movie when I was little, however I felt I needed to read it before I read Heartless. I probably would have enjoyed it more when I was much younger. 3 stars.

Which books did you read this month? Leave your thoughts down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment