Wednesday 4 October 2017

September Wrap Up

These are the books I read in September. I'm quite happy with my reading month! I read some amazing books!

1. Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson


This historical romance was predictable and at times boring. 3 stars.

2. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead


Loved this book! 5 stars!

3. Don't Stop Me Now by Colleen Coleman


I was approved to read this from Netgalley but I didn't download it in time, so I had to purchase it. You can find my review here. 3 stars.

4. Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood 


This book is getting adapted by Netflix and I'm so glad I read the book first! Highly recommend this one! 5 stars!

5. Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) by Tsugumi Ohba


My very first manga! I got this from my library and I hope to continue the series soon! 4 stars!

6. How to Find Love in a Bookshop by Veronica Henry


I really enjoyed this one! I got approved to read this through Netgalley but my e-book expired before I had the time to read this, so I got this from the library as well. You can find my review here. 4 stars!

7. Anne of Green Gables: A Graphic Novel by Mariah Marsden and Brenna Thummler


This graphic novel was wonderful! You can find my review here! 5 stars! Brenna Thummler actually tweeted me back twice! 

8. The Ghost of Gaudi by El Torres


I love Gaudí, so when I saw this graphic novel on Netgalley, I just had to read it! 3 stars. You can find my review here.

9. Taproot by Keezy Young


I got comic from Netgalley as well. 3 stars, you can find my review here.

10. Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story by Debbie Tung 


Loved this graphic novel! Review to come soon! 4 stars! Highly recommend it!

11. The Narrow Road to the Deep North by Richard Flanagan


This was such a stunning book. Heart-breaking, shocking and beautifully written. Highly recommend this one! 5 stars!


Which books did you recently read? Have you read any of the books mentioned above or are you planning to? Leave your thoughts down below!

If you liked this post, please follow me on 'Bloglovin, Twitter, Instagram and Goodreads!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these books but The Underground Railroad is one I desperately want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard such good things about Underground Railroad! I'm glad you loved it.

    I hardly read ANY books in September! Such a bad run on reading lately but hopefully I'll pick it up a bit now until the end of the year!

    My most recent read was Tower of Dawn by Sarah J Maas.

    Hope you're having a great October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! September was probably my best reading month so far, and now with my teaching practice I will be so busy I'll be lucky if I can still find some time to read.

      I really need to continue The Throne of Glass series, I've only read the first three books in the series...

      Hope you'll have an amazing October as well!

      Delete